Fraud Investigation and Prevention
The recent increase in breaches of security and privacy as well as the requirements set forth by new laws and corporate governance has raised the importance of focusing on professional fraud investigation and prevention services. Our fraud investigation and management professionals bring extensive solutions to fraud management and to the investigation of fraud reports.
Our fraud team consists of Certified Fraud Examiners, Certified Internal Auditors, Certified Ethical Hackers and Certified Information Technology Specialists, all boasting of in-depth knowledge and expertise in their respective areas.
- Corporate Fraud Investigations
- Fraud Risk Management
- Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing
- Ethics Hotline
Professional fraud investigation services not only play a significant role in the early identification of fraud but also in minimizing the adverse effects of fraud within the organization to as acceptable a level as possible. Privacy and legal issues are also critical in fraud investigation.
The investigations of our Fraud Investigation and Management team are based on valid techniques and legal evidence. We gather legal evidence to back up litigation processes with the support of our own legal advisers and also with the legal advisers of our clients. Our team has extensive experience in conducting suspect and witness interviews and uses multiple technological tools to identify e-mails and documents that can be used as evidence in investigations.
Moreover, with their in-depth knowledge of internal controls and expertise, our professionals identify control deficiencies that might lead to fraud and offer recommendations on areas needing improvement.
Corporate Fraud Investigations
As it is inevitable to avoid fraud, it is critical to manage fraud risk. Companies need to have fraud management programs to avoid risks as much as possible or to take necessary measures as soon as possible whenever there is a risk of fraud.
In managing fraud risk, Deloitte offers clients the following services:
- Creating fraud management policies and procedures;
- Performing fraud risk reviews to identify fraud risk;
- Defining roles and responsibilities to manage fraud risk within the organization;
- Increasing fraud awareness by organizing training programs;
- Building up business and ethics values within the organization;
- Providing support for the development of tip-off mechanisms; and
- Identifying and evaluating internal controls for fraud identification and prevention.
Fraud Risk Management
Money laundering refers to attempting to take money out of the country that has been obtained through criminal means or to conceal the illegal origin of such funds or subject the funds to various procedures so as to give the impression that the money was earned legally.
International and national lawmakers have introduced some obligations with which financial institutions and other professional organizations must comply in order to more effectively combat money laundering and to prevent the abuse of the financial system by law offenders.
As Deloitte Turkey, we offer our clients Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-terrorist Financing services designed to develop processes and create checkpoints, formulate scenarios, and assess the efficiency of existing processes.
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing
Companies today often face fraud, theft, bribery and unethical issues affecting their businesses and, more importantly, their reputation.
Establishing an ethics hotline that allows your employees to report any issues, unethical behavior and/or actions or any complaints in their business environment without any concern or fear about losing their jobs will allow us to identify such risks early on and minimize your losses.
Research on fraud identification (*) indicates that employee tip-offs are the most effective factor in identifying fraud. The research shows that 43% of 1388 investigated fraud cases were initially identified through tip-offs.
* ACFE Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse 2010
What are the benefits to the corporation of an Ethics Hotline?
- Mitigates the loss of reputation and damages by early identification of ethical issues
- Creates a more reliable and user-friendly tool for employees as it allows anonymous tip-offs;
- Creates an economical deterrent to fraud;
- Creates a positive effect on employees and shareholders;
- Emphasizes the fact that the company embraces transparency and is intolerant of unethical issues;
- Contributes to the improvement of the ethical culture; and
- Responds to various employee needs by using different communication tools and methods