2014 Global Venture Capital Confidence Survey
How confident are investors?
According to 2014 Global Venture Capital Confidence Survey prepared by Deloitte in collaboration with the National Venture Capital Association, confidence in technology-related sectors is still high with the highest rated sectors being Cloud/SaaS, Mobile, and Healthcare IT and Services.
The tenth annual survey, conducted in May and June of 2014, gauged confidence levels of more than 300 venture capital, private equity and growth equity investors in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa, assessing investor confidence on the global venture capital environment, market factors shaping industries and investments in specific geographies and industry sectors.
Key results from the 2014 Global Venture Capital Confidence Survey from Deloitte and the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) are as follows:
- Confidence in technology-related sectors is still high with the highest rated sectors being Cloud/SaaS, Mobile, and Healthcare IT and Services.
- These sectors fit well with the traditional VC investing model of building something once and selling it many times, licensing it for recurring revenue.
- Investors had the highest confidence in the sectors that were the least capital-intensive.
- Confidence in the U.S. is increasing which is driven by strong IPO markets, innovative companies and increased confidence in investors being able to fundraise, all of which bodes well for entrepreneurs.
- Confidence levels continued to wane in Brazil and China, while Canada, Germany, and the UK show increased confidence.