Uganda Annual CFO Awards 2017
ACCA Uganda, Deloitte Launch Inaugural Annual CFO Award
ACCA Uganda and Deloitte on 14 August 2017 launched the inaugural annual CFO Awards, signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to mutually co-operate in the advancement of the accountancy profession in Uganda through a series of initiatives including, CFO awards, CFO forums, and CFO surveys over the next three years. This was during a press conference held at the Serena Hotel Kampala.
All the finalists and award winners will be announced at the exclusive CFO Awards Gala dinner to be held on 19th October 2017.
The CFO Awards seek to:
- Raise the profile of CFOs and the role they play in developing good business and finance practices, embedding environmental and broader social issues into strategic decision making.
- Recognize the essential role that finance functions play in helping to build resilient organizations, driving integrated thinking in decision-making and building sustainable business models.
- Create a platform to share best practice, drive awareness, inspire action and develop a community of finance leaders, committed to create more sustainable outcomes for their organisations.
Beatrice Isagayite, the Head of ACCA Uganda added that the CFO awards is an initiative to recognize the contribution that CFOs make in organizations. Increasingly CFOs have to deliver on a wide range of fronts, driving a more competitive finance function; establishing ever more robust risk management strategies and supporting organisations to develop and implement strategies for growth while remaining cost competitive. This initiative builds further on our commitment to develop finance professionals the world needs and who are fit for the future.
Speaking at the press conference, Nobert Kagoro, the Deloitte Country Managing Partner, reiterated that the role of a CFO has changed. Today’s CFO is constantly juggling a number of roles, carrying out the day-to-day transactional processing acting as a steward of the business and increasingly having to act as a catalyst for change with business strategy at the heart of the agenda.” He said that finance functions need to be stable and efficient, yet agile, to support business growth and add value to all stakeholders.
Open on 14 August - 15 September 2017Nominate here
CFO Awards Criteria
The CFO awards have been established in recognition of the fact that the finance function and the CFO’s role is pivotal in building sustainable business models which ultimately translate into value for the investors.
- CFO of the Year – The CFO of the Year will have shown financial leadership, outstanding performance over a number of years and be the driving force behind the growth and profitability of their organization, striving for excellence in all aspects of the finance profession. The CFO should lead by example demonstrating leadership through their future-focus and proficiency in the seven vital qualities of professional accountants which include intelligence, creativity, digital knowledge, emotional intelligence, experience, vision, and technical and ethical skills
- Public Sector CFO of the Year Award - This should be a CFO in a not-for-profit or charitable foundation, government agency, civil society or development agency, demonstrating outstanding financial management.
- Young CFO of the Year Award – This award will recognise a rising star in the accounting profession, aged less than 35 and has demonstrated the 7 vital qualities of professional accountants which include intelligence, creativity, digital knowledge, emotional intelligence, experience, vision and technical and ethical skills.
- Finance Transformation Award – This award recognises a CFO who has championed transformative solutions in their finance function and have been successful in redefining the function, made great efforts to become a cost-effective, service-oriented partner to the business.
- Strategy Execution Award – The award recognizes one who has shown agility and resilience in dealing with serious and intense changes in the business environment, enabling the business to successfully adapt to new demands and challenges. This CFO will have shown great leadership in creating the right (financial) conditions to execute the organisation’s strategy.
Entering the awards is an excellent opportunity for organisations, finance teams and individuals within those teams to raise their profile by being recognized publically for their innovative approach to doing business. Entrants must be able to demonstrate how they have led their finance function that delivers long term financial performance while operating within environmental, social and other constraints and/or generating long-term value.
One can self-nominate or be nominated by a member of his or her finance team. The nominee must be a Ugandan resident, member of a recognized professional accounting body and has been a Chief Financial Officer or Finance Director for at least three years. The CFO or Finance Director typically reports to the Chief Executive Officer and may additionally sit on the Board of Directors.
During the judging process, top-tier finance professionals who have accepted their nomination will be interviewed by a panel of expert jury members as they compete for the prime position in the 5 award categories.
Online nominations open on 14 August and close on 15 September via http://www.accaglobal.com/africa/en/member/member-networks/uganda-cfo-awards-2017.html
Please contact the following contacts for any details:
Tel: 0774 344355
Tel: 0771 893134