Deloitte accredited by the Good Business Charter has been saved
Deloitte accredited by the Good Business Charter
We are proud to be accredited by the Good Business Charter. The GBC consists of 10 components and more details for each of these components can be found on their website: www.goodbusinesscharter.com
- We are a Living Wage Employer who pays directly employed staff and regular contracted staff the regular living wage.
- We commit to a fair approach to zero or minimal hours contract including giving at least two weeks’ notice for scheduling shifts and still paying shifts cancelled at less than two weeks’ notice. We commit to give proper consideration to providing contracts with guaranteed hours. Both of the above necessary unless requested otherwise by the employee of their own free will.
- We will have clear, fair and transparent policies that support and encourage employee well-being and ban unreasonable penalties for legitimate sickness.
- We will engage with worker representatives and ensure there is a voice that represents employees around the boardroom table.
- We will commit time and money to creating an inclusive workplace. We will monitor the diversity of our workforce, commit to close the gender, disability and ethnicity pay gaps and narrow the CEO/worker pay gap.
- We care about the environment and have an environmental policy which demonstrates the ways in which we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance.
- We commit to pay our taxes, not engage in tax avoidance and be transparent in our relationship with HMRC.
- We recognise our commitment to our customers. We publish this commitment on our website and gather and monitor customer feedback, reporting to the board and addressing concerns.
- We commit to the standards set out in the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code where relevant to our organisation.
- We are signatories of the government’s Prompt Payment Code.
Stephen Griggs, Deputy UK CEO, Deloitte:
“We’re excited to be a founding member of the Good Business Charter, a movement to inspire and motivate good business practices. Being inclusive – in every sense of the word – really matters if you want to be a responsible business. This is a key focus for how Deloitte works with clients, supports its 18,000 people, and contributes to communities across the UK.”