How do I use the Ways of Working Framework?
The Ways of Working Framework is here to help you start those inclusive conversations. Why not host a ways of working session for your team, using the framework as a tool to get you started. Before your Ways of Working Framework session:
1. Decide whether you want your session to be virtual, hybrid or in person. Think about how you can create a safe, inclusive environment where everyone has a voice and feels comfortable to contribute.
2. Send out the My Manual template and ask everyone to complete their My Manual – of course reminding people that they should only share what they feel comfortable sharing.
During your Ways of Working Framework session:
3. Invite team members to share what’s important to them in their My Manual – this may be about their ways of working, what they want to get out of the role, or something about their background or homelife. If you have a larger group, you could break out in smaller groups for this activity.
4. Come together as a team to work through each section of the My Team – think about how you’ll capture everyone’s input. For virtual / hybrid sessions you’ll want to think about what tech you can use to make the session engaging and inclusive – whether that’s virtual whiteboards, word cloud / polling technology or chat functions. For in-person sessions you may want to use post-it notes or whiteboards.
After your Ways of Working Framework session:
5. Consolidate all the input into your My Team and share with your team – arrange a date to revisit your My Team and check in to see what’s working and what’s not.