Episode #25: Do we care more about a brand or what they stand for? has been saved
Episode #25: Do we care more about a brand or what they stand for?
The Green Room by Deloitte podcast
Humans are funny creatures. We wake up and brew ourselves a cuppa, using only our favourite teabags of course. We butter our bread using our favourite spreads (or not, you love it or you hate it after all) and we message our friends on our mobiles, the same make we’ve had for the last decade.
Some of these brands have been around for generations. But we keep going back for more. And it doesn’t make it easy for the new kids on the block. So why exactly do we have such an emotional connection to them? Are we all just creatures of habit, easily charmed… or is there more to it?
Do we care more about how they make us look or what they stand for? Do we really trust them, and does it even matter? And if we’re being honest, what matters most – a good product or a good story?
Is there a place for the old and the new? And when a brand hits a rough patch – cue COVID-19 – how far does our loyalty go? Does it make a difference how brands respond?
We speak to our Chief Marketing Officer, Annabel Rake, and Johan Bello from creative design agency ACNE to find out.
Tune in to hear:
- Why purpose is about more than just a fancy slogan
- How Johan helped design Ikea’s answer to Balenciaga
- What Lizzie’s learnt from playing the logo game
- And why our teabags need to do more than make a good brew
Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room – Annabel Rake
If you’re interested in any of the topics we talked about during this episode, you might find the links below useful.
- Global Marketing Trends for 2021 – Have a read to find out what customers want to see from their favourite brands.
- The Deloitte Global Millennial Survey 2020 – Our annual survey that looks at how Gen Zs feel about the world around them and the brands that impact them.
- 2020 Annual Report - The UK Annual Report brings to life the impact we have made to clients, people and society during the last 12 months.
- Deloitte 175 - A celebration of 175 years of making an impact that matters.
- IKEA responds to Balenciaga’s copycat move. It's not every day you hear about a world-renowned fashion house copying the design of a blue plastic bag. So when Balenciaga did just that, ACNE helped IKEA put together a swift response.