Episode #13: Does starting a new job ever get easier? has been saved
Episode #13: Does starting a new job ever get easier?
The Green Room by Deloitte podcast
This September, almost 2,000 graduates and school leavers will join our offices across the U.K.
Starting a new job can be daunting, as our new CEO Richard Houston knows only too well. As he approaches his first 100 days on the job, we’re talking first day nerves and how to prepare for taking the next step.
This week, we’ll be getting to know all about Richard and how he’s settling in to his new job. What made him decide to go for it? Is it everything he expected? And how do you find time for yourself when you’re going through a career transition?
Tune in to find out:
- What Richard really wanted to be when he grew up
- Why Ethan never made it as a dancer
- Richard’s one piece of career advice for new graduates
- Why Richard is a secret trance fan
Find out more
If you’re interested in anything discussed during this episode, then you might find the below links helpful. If you have any questions, please do get in touch with the team using the contact details at the bottom of the page.
- Deloitte Transition Labs – programmes specifically designed to support leaders at the most challenging and critical times in their career, whether someone is stepping up to a C-suite role for the first time or is a seasoned executive.
- This September, we have over 2,000 BrightStarts and graduates joining the firm. If you’re interested in a career with Deloitte you can find more information on our Graduate Programme, BrightStart Apprenticeships or experienced hire recruitment.
- If you enjoyed episode #13, you might also enjoy listening to episode #6, where we spoke to our outgoing CEO David Sproul about life at the top. George also mentioned episode #5 on imposter syndrome and episode #3 on what makes a great career.