Episode #16: Are we taking young voices seriously enough? has been saved
Episode #16: Are we taking young voices seriously enough?
The Green Room by Deloitte podcast
Today’s younger generation are the most informed, educated, connected generation in human history, with a lot of ideas too. Every day, we’re seeing young activists hitting the headlines in their drive make the world a better place. But are young people really more engaged than ever before? Or do they just have a bigger platform? Are we actually listening to their voices?
How do we balance this energy with experience? In a noisy business world, how can we make sure young voices are heard in the boardroom? And outside of the office, how can we break down generational barriers to make an impact in society?
This week, we’re discussing whether we’re taking the voices of today’s younger generation seriously enough. Our hosts George and Ethan are joined by Annie Wong, Assistant Manager in Financial Advisory and UK One Young World delegate and Kate Robertson, Co-Founder of One Young World.
Tune in to find out:
- How social platforms are changing the way we’re listening to young people
- How far Ethan can walk on his hands while doing a handstand
- How Kate believes young leaders can benefit business and society
- What Annie’s most excited about at the One Young World summit
The world is full of the most incredible young people, and they drop me to my knees. They really are something. It makes you believe that things can change, they really can. - Kate Robertson
Find out more
If you’re interested in any of the topics we talked about during this episode, you might find the links below useful.
- The Deloitte Global Millennial Survey 2019: Our global survey of millennials’ attitudes around the world.
- One Million Futures: We’re aiming to help one million people get to where they want to be through access to education and employment. Find out more.
- How To Make A Difference: Kate’s new book – ‘the definitive guide from the world’s most effective activists’.
- One Young World Impact Report 2018, showcasing the work the forum has been doing across the globe over the last year. Like this? Also check out the One Young World 2018 highlights video.
- These blogs on what older and younger workers can learn from each other and why boards of directors need younger members.
- These two TED Talks are worth a watch: Why millennials today hold more power than ever before, featuring young author and CEO Jared Kleinert, and how we can help young people to build a better future with UNICEF executive director Henrietta Fore.