Episode #26: Will travel ever be the same again? has been saved
Episode #26: Will travel ever be the same again?
The Green Room by Deloitte podcast
Hands up if you had a trip cancelled because of COVID-19. As the pandemic continues to evolve, spending time abroad, exploring that new city or walking along a deserted beach may have to wait a little longer.
Since lockdown, some of us have been discovering our local areas. Others probably need a holiday now more than ever.
We can’t imagine a future without travel. It’s a fundamental part of human history. It sustains families and economies. It makes us see the world differently (and up until earlier this year, made us lose countless hours on Instagram…).
But there are many questions about the sustainability of the way we travelled before this pandemic. From mass tourism to business travel, many of us worry about the impact on the environment and local communities.
So where do we go from here? For this episode, we’re joined by Andreas Scriven, a hospitality and leisure industry expert, and Ian Taylor, executive editor at Travel Weekly to find out.
What will happen to the empty hotels and airlines in distress? How do companies cater for the future of travel? Will we finally see better environmental strategies? What will be the key for success?
And how are we changing as a society? What kind of experiences will travellers be looking for? Are business trips a thing of the past? And as hard as it’s been – is COVID-19 the perspective we need for better travel going forward?
Tune in to find out:
- Why rocky road is Lizzie’s favourite ice cream
- Ian’s predictions on when we’ll next be travelling again
- Why Andreas wants to see hotels review their light switches
- Why they both feel confident about the future
If you’re interested in any of the topics we talked about during this episode, you might find the links below useful.
- Global Marketing Trends for 2021 – Have a read to find out what customers want to see from their favourite brands.
- The Deloitte Global Millennial Survey 2020 – Our annual survey that looks at how Gen Zs feel about the world around them and the brands that impact them.
- 2020 Annual Report - The UK Annual Report brings to life the impact we have made to clients, people and society during the last 12 months.
- Deloitte 175 - A celebration of 175 years of making an impact that matters.
- IKEA responds to Balenciaga’s copycat move. It's not every day you hear about a world-renowned fashion house copying the design of a blue plastic bag. So when Balenciaga did just that, ACNE helped IKEA put together a swift response.