Regulatory & ethical compliance Bookmark has been added
Regulatory & ethical compliance
Navigating through choppy waters
Organisations are facing increased ethical and regulatory requirements both in the UK and globally, regardless of their sector. Navigating what those requirements are and ensuring you remain compliant with their requirements is an increasingly complex task.
High standards of governance over ethical business conduct are a fundamental pre-requisite for businesses operating globally. It is critical that organisations actively manage the criminal, regulatory and reputational risks of corrupt practices and an effective anti-corruption programme is an essential preventative element of these standards.
Acting after the event isn’t enough. Prevention is better than cure and proper preventative measures can be used as a defence in discussions with enforcement officers if an issue arises. Now is the time to be reviewing your existing anti-bribery and corruption procedures and processes and implement remediation measures into day to day business processes to strengthen your existing control environment.
Some of the questions we are finding to be increasingly relevant to our clients include:
- Are adequate procedures in place to effectively mitigate the risks of bribery and corruption in your organisation and in your business relationships?
- Is your compliance function fit for purpose?
- Do you receive the right information so as to understand and adequately manage your ethical and regulatory risks?
Our global team of regulatory controls and compliance specialists have helped some of the world’s leading organisations navigate their way through regulatory and compliance risks. We have been engaged by our clients to assist on some of the largest and most sophisticated anti-corruption compliance enhancement programmes and in developing their governance frameworks as they relate to ethical and regulatory compliance.
We are uniquely positioned to help you navigate this challenging area. We provide a full spectrum of compliance control services including:
- Benchmarking of your current control environment
- Designing and implementing control improvements
- Supporting internal audit functions in assessing ethical and regulatory controls