Transportation, Hospitality and Leisure has been saved
Transportation, Hospitality and Leisure
Providing deep sector expertise to provide confidence to THL businesses
Like many sectors, the transportation, hospitality and leisure (THL) industry is both a highly competitive and constantly changing one. With customers increasingly demanding more ‘unique experiences’, delivered to a high standard, alongside changing regulations, technology enhancements and widening competition, organisations that continually review and refine their operations and strategies are those that are likely to succeed.
Deloitte’s THL assurance practice combines deep industry expertise and financial acumen to ensure their operations and strategies meet the pace of these challenging market conditions.
With deep sector expertise and an unrivalled understanding of the market, we are able to advise our clients on a wide range of services to help them make informed decisions and drive value including:
- exploiting big data and analytics,
- reducing revenue leakage and optimising margins,
- brand differentiation, and
- product and pricing strategy to compete for growth.
Our ability to tailor bespoke advice and solutions means that we are able to advise our clients across the spectrum.
As the leading sector specialists in the market, we typically play a role in in any notable capital event in the hospitality, leisure and gaming space. With our dedicated network of THL professionals, we offer a global perspective that leverages our knowledge and experience on domestic and international deals, regulatory requirements and accounting standards to help our clients plan and execute transactions. We also provide non-attest assurance in the areas of risk management (internal audit, finance transformation and risk assessment & controls) and regulatory assurance.
Our expertise is relied on by a significant number of the world’s leading hospitality, leisure and gaming organisations, governmental bodies and major real estate owners and some examples of recent projects include:
- Advising a restaurant group on its geographical expansion strategy, with market selection and prioritisation, assessment of management capabilities and control systems.
- Undertaking commercial due diligence as part of a wider vendor due diligence exercise for the divesture of part of a major hotel operator (deal size > £1bn)
- Advising a new owner of a hotel chain on a value creation development strategy, including brand positioning and differentiation, white space identification, financial implications and a road map for implementation.
- Advising extensively on the implementation of IFRS 16 on leases for financial reporting.
We also produce key industry-focused publications and hold the annual European Hotel Investment Conference - the leading invitation-only industry event in EMEA, attended by 400 top industry executives. For more information, please click here.