Life at Deloitte
Apprenticeship opportunities in Consulting Strategy & Operations
Business leaders must act with conviction in an era of growing complexity and change. These business leaders need clear, concise, well-informed perspectives on the important dynamics that are currently reshaping their business environments. Our global network of Strategy and Operations professionals draws on the strength of Deloitte’s full suite of professional services and industry experience to help drive major operational change and resolve the most fundamental issues affecting businesses today.
All Strategy & Operations roles are currently only based in London
What happens in Consulting S&O?
In Consulting S&O we work collaboratively with our clients to link strategic vision to flawless execution to achieve tangible, long-term value. From developing a pragmatic strategy and evaluating M&A opportunities to improving operations functions, we have the experience and expertise to help clients build and deliver an executable strategy.
Apply for an apprenticeship in Consulting Strategy & OperationsSearch and apply
What does an Apprenticeship involve?
Our Apprentices are here to shape their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will help you obtain skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them.
What kind of work would I be doing?
Apprentices on the BrightStart Scheme join a diverse team that includes deep technical experts, industry leaders, and project management specialists. You’ll be hands-on from the start, working with – and learning from – these colleagues, to help clients solve their most challenging and intriguing problems.
The particular area of S&O you are in will determine the kind of work you do, every day will be as different as the projects and clients you work on. Typical activities include research, problem solving, analysing data, making presentations, running interviews and planning tasks.
- Business Model Transformation: Improving the overall operating model of an organisation in order to deliver on strategic objectives and drive commercial performance – be it capturing new growth opportunities, reducing costs or transforming operational effectiveness
- Finance: Advising the Chief Financial Officer on how to develop and execute their strategy. This includes how to run their department effectively (for example using robotics) and transform their key processes. It also includes driving the delivery of the business’s strategy by developing plans and measuring the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as supporting with key decisions like business cases for investment
- Monitor Deloitte (our Strategy practice): Utilising strategy tools and techniques to help clients make the choices that will help stretch and sharpen their ambition
- Service Operations: Identifying opportunities for process simplification, operating cost reduction and service improvement to improve the quality of service delivery
- Supply Chain: Improving supply chain operations and the overall operating model of an organisation in order to deliver on strategic objectives and support performance
What about learning and development opportunities?
Deloitte Apprenticeships are all about learning and developing. You’ll get everything you need to thrive and grow. Study time is factored in to your working week, so you can work towards an industry recognised qualification:
- Junior Management Consultant (JMC) Apprenticeship (with CIMA qualification)
But there’s much more to your development here than professional exams. As well as classroom study and e-learning, you’ll have 1:1 coaching, a designated Deloitte mentor to support you at work, and the technical and skills training you need to move your career on further down the line. Not to mention the invaluable experience of working on live projects from the outset.
Will there be a permanent job at the end of my Apprenticeship?
Yes, this is a permanent role. Once you’ve completed the BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship you will begin to focus on a particular service area and client market.
Where does Consulting S&O fit in to Deloitte UK?
Strategy and Operations is a team within Consulting, one of our key business areas. Professionals in this ‘competency’ – as we call it – advise clients on setting ambitious and stretching strategies that take into consideration the changing business environment, and we support our clients in driving operational change and improving performance.
How can I make an impact beyond my work?
Being part of Deloitte means being part of the world around us. We positively encourage you to volunteer and get involved in the local community. We even have a day a year for this – our Corporate Responsibility Day. It’s your chance to get out of the office and make a difference.
And how’s the social life?
We’re a very friendly firm, with many opportunities to get involved in social events. You can join societies of all kinds, ranging from sports teams to a choir, and join in at regular team events or drinks. At Deloitte, everyone’s invited.