Entry Level Apprenticeship Scheme
Nikita Breslin, Technology
What kind of work will you do?
We provide expertise in things like risk, research and compliance, as well as day-to-day support on everything from finance to HR and IT. Whichever direction you take, you’ll be taught everything you need to do your job, and make a real impact.
You’ll work in a specialist team, supporting client-facing colleagues in one of these areas:
What’s in it for you?
What do we offer?
- A permanent job, not just a training programme
- Market-leading salary and benefits
- Recognised professional qualification
- Live project experience from day one
- The chance to progress including onto the BrightStart Apprenticeship Scheme
- An unrivalled client list
- The chance to collaborate with an international network of experts
- Focus on ideas and innovation
- Fast progression on a structured career path
- Time off to study with plenty of support and learning
- Technical and business skills training
- Lifelong learning & development throughout your career
- Agile working options
- Opportunities to develop your career in any direction, anywhere in the world
- Time off to make a difference in your community
- A great social life
- Support from ten diversity networks
What are the benefits?
- Market-leading pay*
- Regular increases
- Variable pay schemes that allow us to credit you for any work you do ‘above and beyond’
- £1,000 interest-free loan
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Occupational sick pay
- Personal accident insurance
- Mobile phone business calls
- NUS Card
Pick and choose further benefits up to the value of your Options allowance.
- Additional holiday
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental insurance
- Bikes4Work scheme
- Give As You Earn
- Private medical insurance
- Travel insurance
- Corporate discounts
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Additional Life Assurance
- Health Assessments
*Salaries vary by role and location. Deloitte is an accredited living wage employer meaning all employees, including apprentices, are paid above the Real Living Wage.
Where can you work?
We have many Deloitte offices across the UK and Offshore. As an Entry Level Apprentice, you’ll be based in either our Cardiff or Newcastle offices.
Find out more about our locations and what’s it like to work across all our offices within the UK.
How you will develop?
Our lifelong tailored approach means you’ll continue to progress throughout your career. During your Apprenticeship, you’ll get everything you need to thrive and grow, including time off to study, as well as invaluable experience of working on live projects.
- Industry leading qualifications depending on your role and location. These can range from a Level 3 City & Guilds Business Administration to a Level 3 AAT qualification
- Extensive induction programme
- Best practice learning approaches
- Diverse training methods to suit all learning styles: simulations, residential training courses, online, classroom-based, and learning from your live projects.
- Career development workshops
- Access to 4,000 e-learning courses on Skillsoft platform
- Support all the way: from mentors and buddies
- A dedicated learning team
- Six-monthly appraisals to help you stay on track and plan your future
What do our people say?
Audit and Assurance
What’s your story? How did you end up at Deloitte?
I studied Maths, Accountancy and Media at sixth form, but didn’t enjoy it. So I left to go travelling. By the time I came back, I knew I wanted to get into Accounting. I completed AAT Level 1, then came across the Entry Level Apprenticeship at Deloitte. I knew it was an amazing opportunity that I had to take. So much so, I was willing to relocate from Surrey to Wales, leaving my childhood home.
I was 17. It was really daunting. But I’m so glad I took the first step: my first “proper” job.
How are you helped to achieve you ambitions?
I hope to become a manager in audit and work my way up from there. My current manager has supported me in starting this journey. He’s supported my move to the client-facing side of audit from the start, even though it means losing someone from his team. He’s helped me with interview techniques and presentations.
I’ve just finished my first apprenticeship and will soon start on my ACAs. While studying, I had a day off each week to go to college or for study leave. This was great, as I didn’t lose my evenings and never felt there was too much pressure.
On top of this, I had the opportunity to travel to Brussels for the Deloitte North West Europe (NWE) Impact Awards 2018, as a representative of the Cardiff Apprenticeship Scheme This was a great opportunity to showcase the scheme, meet and network with people from all over Deloitte NWE.
Cardiff Delivery Centre
How did you feel before you joined? And how does that compare to what it’s really like to work here?
I was very worried about meeting new people. I was also really worried that I wasn’t going to be good enough at my job because I was unsure what skills I would need in order to do well. As it’s turned out, I’ve loved meeting new people – my fellow apprentices and team members are now great friends, and also so many bright, inspiring people who I’ve been able to learn from. In terms of feeling I didn’t have the right skills, I didn’t need to worry about that either. I’ve had loads of support to develop and build the skills I was lacking.
I found there is a huge difference between education and the world of work. It’s challenging and massively enjoyable, but you have to constantly be thinking and focused. The days are longer and you need to be prepared to always concentrate. It’s tiring at first – I would recommend going to bed earlier before you join in preparation! – But I totally thrive on it.
I never expected to be given the level of responsibility that I’ve had. I’ve worked on some high profile projects, mentored people much older than me, and travelled to work with other teams across the UK. My confidence has grown so much because I’ve been treated like an adult and trusted to get on with it.
What would you say to persuade a potential apprentice to join Deloitte?
If you are motivated and willing to put in the hard work, you will be given the support you need to reach all of your goals.