Cardiff Delivery Centre
Where your inexperience is gold dust
So you think you’ve got potential? We do too. We know that smart, curious people like you, with little or no professional experience, add real value to our business. A fresh supply of ideas, and new ways of looking at the world, are how we make an impact for our clients. That’s why our doors are wide open to school leavers, gap year returners, second jobbers, those-who-don’t-quite-fit-the-mould-ers and anyone else who’s ready to dive into an exciting career with real prospects and live projects from the get-go.
What happens at the Cardiff Delivery Centre?
In short: we provide centralised business administration service. Which means we support client-facing staff across all parts of Deloitte, providing specialist expertise in things like risk, research and compliance, among others. As an apprentice, you’ll be placed in one of these specialist teams and taught everything you need to know to do your job. From here you could move into all kinds of roles across the business.
Explore our latest Entry Level Apprenticeship opportunitiesSearch jobs
What does an apprenticeship involve?
This is not about serving your time at the bottom of the heap, this is about exposure – to talented, generous people and to genuine opportunity.
Our apprentices are here to shape their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll do the same work as your colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you progress your professional education.
Your Deloitte apprenticeship experience will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, whatever you end up achieving.
What kind of work could I be doing?
All our apprenticeships are in business administration. When you join, you’ll be placed in, and trained by, one of our specialist teams. These include:
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD): An internal risk management team with a range of responsibilities that include extensive background checks and research on our current and new clients.
- Financial Crime Operations: Similar to our internal CDD team, but working directly with our clients, typically in the banking sector. These people carry out the necessary research and information gathering on clients’ customers.
- Practice Support Teams: Internal risk management teams who ensure our company and people comply with all necessary regulations and protect our business from all kinds of risks.
- Tax Centre of Excellence: Support our delivery of tax services for our multinational clients who have globally mobile staff. There’s a wide range of work involved, including clients’ payroll, cross-border admin, tax forms, collating information for individual tax returns, and reporting.
- Engagement Support Centre: You’ll support our client facing employees in Audit and Risk Advisory. Working remotely as part of the client facing team, you’ll provide day-to-day admin support. This includes a diverse range of tasks, from minutes and arranging client meetings, to billing, budgets and project management. You’ll also provide internal support to the practice in areas such as HR, training and learning.
- We’re growing, which means we’ll add new teams and opportunities throughout the year.
What about learning and development opportunities?
Deloitte apprenticeships are all about learning and developing. You’ll get everything you need to thrive and grow. Study time is factored in to your working week, so you can get your Level 3 City & Guilds Business Administration qualification. (Handily, the Cardiff campus is just a short walk from the office). You’ll get an NUS card too.
But the formal qualification is only part of the story; we take a more rounded approach to apprenticeships. As well as classroom study and e-learning, you’ll have 1:1 coaching, a designated Deloitte mentor to support you at work, and the technical and skills training you need to move your career on further down the line. Not to mention the invaluable experience of working on live projects from very early on.
Will there be a permanent job at the end of my apprenticeship?
Yes. Once you’ve shown us how good you are and successfully completed your apprenticeship, you can remain with your team at the Cardiff Delivery Centre for as long as you like. You’ll get many opportunities to develop your career onwards too.
If you’re yearning for an accountancy career, you won’t automatically move on to accountancy training, but you’re welcome to apply for our BrightStart scheme and work towards a professional qualification. It’s really up to you.
Where does the Cardiff Delivery Centre fit in to Deloitte UK?
Our client-facing people are spread across the country, working from a number of regional offices. At the Cardiff Delivery Centre, we look after them all. This centralised support, from specially skilled teams, means our colleagues and their clients can be sure of the best possible help, whenever they need it, wherever they might be.
What does a typical day look like for a Cardiff Delivery Centre apprentice?
There’s not really a typical day for our apprentices, as each working week brings new and distinct challenges. You’ll get involved in all kinds of tasks, from research to advising clients, so you get the most out of your apprenticeship experience. Of course, there are some key activities that apprentices will do on a regular basis, depending on the role. These include:
- Research, typically using IT and web-based tools.
- Monitoring, managing and supporting the process for accepting new clients and work.
- Preparing, checking, completing and sending forms that need to be signed or checked by others.
- Managing mailbox or workflow, answering queries or escalating them to the right person.
- Data entry of internal or client information, on various systems.
- Chasing up regulatory work completed by external individuals or organisations.
- Producing client bills where appropriate.
- Providing advice and assisting our internal staff and partners and/or external clients.
- Business administration tasks and other ad hoc duties as required.
- Getting to know your colleagues and learning loads from them.
Life at Deloitte Cardiff
How can I make an impact beyond my work?
Being part of Deloitte means being part of the world around us. We positively encourage you to volunteer and get involved in the Cardiff local community.
Through the Deloitte Access Programme, we work with nearby schools to help students from varied backgrounds aim higher and achieve more. We have a great relationship with Disability Sport Wales too, which offers all kinds of volunteering and personal development opportunities for you.
Deloitte volunteers manage all these activities. We even have a day a year – our Corporate Responsibility Day – dedicated to helping in the local community. It’s your chance to get out of the office and make a difference.
Back in the office, our Green Team make sure we’re as energy efficient, recycled and carbon neutral as we can be
What’s great about the office location?
We’re slap bang in the city centre. Moments from Cardiff’s excellent restaurants, bars and shops, and just a short walk from Cardiff Central station. Trains arrive here from many mainline destinations, including Newport, Bridgend and Swansea, as well as all Arriva Trains Valley Line services. The main Cardiff bus station (currently under redevelopment) is also just a short walk away.
And how’s the social side?
Thriving. We consider ourselves open and friendly at Cardiff and have an official social team here. They organise all kinds of events, from the Summer Ball to low-key BBQ’s, to Quiz Nights, and even an Apprentice Dinner to celebrate our brilliant apprentices.
Hear from our people
I chose an apprenticeship as I wanted to go straight into a work environment and continue with my learning whilst developing a career in the financial sector. I had considered completing A‐levels but I did not have a clear idea on what subjects I should focus on so when the opportunity of an apprenticeship was presented this appealed to me and ensured I continued to gain additional qualifications.