Life at Deloitte
Professional opportunities in Consulting
Our Consulting practice advises on a broad range of issues, from strategy through to implementation. Deep industry expertise in a number of key market segments in both the private and public sectors ensures that the advice we provide to clients is tailored to that particular sector’s needs.
From defining the initial strategy to planning its development and implementing its outcome, Deloitte’s Consulting practice delivers end-to-end solutions to help our clients maximise their commercial potential.
Fundamentally, what we deal with is change – change management is our core discipline. And a change programme can encompass innumerable components, such as organisational design, performance measurement, risk management and project and change management itself.
Consulting is comprised of 3 core competencies:
There are two elements in the way that we do business that help us to stand out from our competitors: the breadth and depth of the expertise we bring to each engagement, and the collaborative way we work with clients and with each other. Our consultants have valuable expertise in market analysis, organisational design, operational performance improvement, performance measurement, risk management, and project and change management – assisting governments with improving business performance and shareholder governance.
If you’re keen to work with a diverse range of clients in the UK and overseas to deliver the kind of positive change that adds real value to their business, Consulting is for you. You’ll play a vital role in conceiving strategies for our clients, planning the implementation of the strategy, and then, bottom line, delivering it. If you can apply yourself with creativity and intellectual rigour, have exceptional hands-on problem solving skills and can adapt rapidly to changing circumstances, you’ll find there are countless opportunities to progress.
Three career pathways
We’re redefining what it means to have a career in Deloitte Consulting. Our new approach to career pathways is about giving you more variety and a greater choice of career options. It’s about enabling you to take steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and to discuss those choices in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
We’ve created these broader pathways to:
- help you manage your performance and career more effectively
- attract and recruit more people with market-leading expertise, and develop and retain this diverse talent
- foster the development of deeper technical expertise and eminence, so we can support increasingly complex and innovative projects
- build teams focused on implementation or managed services and products.
We’ve developed three distinct pathways:
- Consulting pathway – focused on developing a broad consulting skillset, with expertise in a specific domain.
- Consulting Solutions pathway – a greater focus on delivery, building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain.
- Consulting Services pathway – for consultants who deliver managed services to clients (either internal or external).
To find out more, talk to our recruitment team.