Life at Deloitte
Student opportunities in Consulting
Integrated within our Strategy & Operations (S&O) competency, Operations brings to life’ and implements strategies in a constantly changing and complex environment is one of the biggest challenges facing organisations today. Deloitte’s Operations practice helps our clients translate strategy into operational reality within their business.
What type of work do we do?
Whether we are helping clients to improve operational efficiency; transform supply chains; design new structures and processes, empower business led, application enabled change or supporting organisations deliver major operational change - Operations has a central role to play.
We have a diverse practice of over 420 practitioners from across the UK, with people work on challenging projects from a wide portfolio of our most prestigious clients. Practitioners range from new Analysts through to our experienced senior staff with deep technical and industry expertise meaning we are able to deploy the right mix of people at the right time to meet and exceed our client expectations. Working in the Public, Private, Financial Services and Voluntary sectors, we help our clients develop the business models and capabilities necessary to realise their strategy on a day-to-day basis.
Explore our latest Consulting opportunitiesSearch and apply
What will you be doing?
Operations analysts will be given a home within one of our Operating units, Operations Excellence, Supply Chain or FSI Applications, from day one. Over the 24 month programme opportunities can be created to work away from home; exposing you to a diverse range of client situations, and industries. Some examples of where Operations Analysts have gained client experience as part of a wider project team this year include:
- Using Lean Six Sigma methodologies to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of a major Global bank;
- Designing a new operating model and business processes for the finance function of a UK based insurance firm;
- Supporting the delivery of a major transformation programme within a large public sector organisation;
- Reviewing and implementing an end to end supply chain solution to improve the productivity of a large manufacturing firm.
- Identifying and delivering a large cost reduction programme for a European broadcaster
To complement client work a structured training curriculum has been developed which provides Operations Analysts with the core consulting and operations technical skills required to progress within the firm. Producing well- rounded Consultants familiar with tools and techniques from across the Operations Competency, to best deliver against our clients challenges.
How are we made up?
Operations provides the market with expertise in Supply Chain Strategy, Operations Excellence and FSI Applications
- Supply Chain Strategy helps our clients optimise their value chain. This means reviewing and improving processes that enable them to develop, plan, buy, make and deliver their offering to customers. The Supply Chain Strategy service offerings cover the entire end-to-end supply chain providing client-specific solutions; from improving the sourcing of suppliers to optimising the outbound transportation of finished goods.
- Operations Excellence translates business strategy into operational strategy, and then applies appropriate transformation processes to make that strategy a reality. We focus on helping our clients to transform the effectiveness and efficiency of their large scale operational processes and to continually improve the core operation of their service organisation.
- FSI Applications is focused on business led, application enabled change by supporting Financial Services clients in reviewing their operating models, improving their front to back processes and consolidating their application landscapes. The focus is on enabling key business outcomes through using industry leading application packages and helping our clients to find their edge.
Analysts will get the chance to find out about all areas within Operations over the 24 month programme and have opportunities to experience different projects across them.
As well as the opportunities available within our Operations competency, there are technology focussed roles within our Finance competency which help our clients realise and deliver their business strategy through the use of business applications that enable automation, complex problem solving, integration of business functions and information management. Our Finance team focuses on technology solutions across organisations’ finance and supply chain functions. Please click here to find out more.