Life at Deloitte
Human Capital Consulting
Student opportunities in Consulting
Focusing on people and their behaviours, Deloitte’s Human Capital practice works with clients to solve some of the biggest and most complex challenges they face.
What type of work do we do?
Whether we are advising clients on how to attract and retain the best talent or how to lead their complex projects and programmes, Human Capital consulting has a central role to play. Our practitioners combine deep transformation experience with practical business knowledge, working in cross-functional teams with colleagues from other parts of Deloitte, supporting our clients to innovatively solve their complex problems and achieve their aims.
Our people have deep specialist knowledge across a wide range of industry sectors and are united by a desire to enable change through activities focused on people - whether this is through shaping the internal workings of an organisation or analysing data to understand the risks and opportunities that can enable organisations to grow.
Explore our latest Consulting Human Capital opportunitiesSearch jobs
What will you be doing?
Human Capital analysts will be given the opportunity and support to make a difference from day one. Clients come to us to find solutions to a range of their most challenging problems. Over the 24 month programme, analysts will have the opportunity to work across industries, geographies and sectors in order to find what really engages them. They will be supported and guided through their development by our Human Capital communities of excellence. Examples of where Human Capital analysts have contributed to delivering exceptional results for their clients, as part of a wider team, include:
- Creating and delivering training materials for a telecoms client, to enable their workforce to effectively use the technology solutions we have implemented
- Designing and implementing a new organisational structure for a county council, allowing them to continue to provide vital services to the community in the face of significant budget constraints
- Designing the controls system to enable one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe to be delivered on schedule and budget
- Developing and delivering a training programme around financial crime for a multinational banking client
- Modernising the transport system of a major capital city, through transforming a dispersed workforce of over one hundred engineers into a united, effectively functioning entity
- Analysing pension schemes and reporting on the feasibility of changing scheme benefit structures for a large multinational client
- Assessing future insurance liabilities for setting premiums, understanding profitability, financial reporting and transferring blocks of business to allow our clients to stay competitive
- Becoming experts in cloud-based HR applications to understand a client’s requirements and creating a tailored system to fit their business
How are we made up?
Human Capital provides the market with expertise in Organisational Transformation and Talent, Actuarial Rewards and Analytics, and HR Transformation.
- Organisation Transformation and Talent specialises in supporting our clients with their transformation programmes and projects. We are divided into communities of expertise focused on organisation design, talent, culture change, technology adoption, leadership development and programme management. We use our expertise to deliver some of the largest and most complex projects our client’s will ever face and we use a variety of innovative tools and resources to enable sustainable change.
- HR Transformation seeks to inspire and excite businesses to adopt more agile ways of working to drive digital HR that provides value to the business. Our HR team in Human Capital is split between HR & Digital Workforce and HR Applications. Our HR & Digital Workforce practitioners guide clients in setting their HR strategy, developing business cases for change and helping them adapt and thrive through the new world of innovative HR technology. Our HR Applications teams helps our clients to design and build cloud-based HR systems that help optimise their workforce.
- Actuarial Rewards and Analytics is all about looking at future events, and examining their probabilities and possible financial impacts. You’ll have the choice of joining either the Capital Markets Group (CMG) or the Actuarial Insurance and Total Rewards and Benefits (pension) team. As an actuarial analyst at Deloitte, you will be working directly with clients on a variety of projects. These could involve designing and implementing new actuarial systems, conducting risk modelling, assessing future insurance liabilities for setting premiums, or advising clients on mergers and acquisitions.
People of Deloitte
Meet our people from Human Capital ConsultingDiscover more