for Charities and Not-for-Profit organisations
As households increasingly watch their expenditure through the economic downturn, is your charitable income protected and working as hard as it should?
The changing role of treasury
During the economic crisis, finance directors have increasingly turned to their treasury departments for assurance of the financial risk and liquidity position facing their organisation. This increased demand for information has raised the profile and scrutiny around treasury operations, driving an increased demand for risk and control reviews and advisory services from Deloitte.
As a result the treasury profession has gone “back to basics” to ensure that their approach to understanding and managing risk is still appropriate. Key areas include:
- Counterparty risk – is your treasury policy appropriate to cover your risk exposure and sufficient to address changes in the risk of the banks with whom you hold relationships?
- Cash optimisation – can your current approach to the collection and utilisation of cash be enhanced to increase the size of your investable funds?
- Foreign exchange – are all your foreign exchange risks identified and understood within the value chain? Is a hedging strategy required and would the hedging risk reward profile match your organisation’s risk appetite?
- Governance and control – are all your market risks fully identified and understood with an appropriate framework to monitor and control these risks?
Here at Deloitte, we recognise that there will be times when you may require specialist treasury consulting advice e.g. setting up an international humanitarian project.
Our dedicated Treasury Advisory team consists of qualified ex-corporate Treasurers, Chartered Accountants, Project Managers and Auditors who can provide a unique one-stop solution to your needs. We can provide a tailored consultation service providing you with the right services when you need them. A typical offering may include:
- Four meetings per year to discuss treasury issues or requirements covering areas such as
- Annual process and controls review
- Policy and procedures review
- FX accounting and reporting
- Development and implementation of a hedging strategy
- Year-round hotline
- Up to 40 hours of advice
This is a suggested approach but we would be happy to discuss an alternative to suit your particular circumstances and tailor a solution to best meet the needs of your organisation.