The rise (and fall?) of the CDO has been saved
The rise (and fall?) of the CDO
How they adopt & exploit digital to transform organisations.
Digital is the new normal. Irrespective of their sector, organisations are increasingly being impacted by digital – how they attract and engage customers or citizens, how they create and deliver products or services, and in the roles and capabilities that make up their teams.
This paper presents our perspective on the CDO role, based on our experience of working with global and local organisations.
Some of the key considerations relating to the CDO role include, specifically:
- The traits they will require to succeed
- How their support team should be configured based on existing skillsets
- The stages of maturity involved in digital transition
- Where industry sector considerations can impact on the role
- The challenges inherent in getting the traction they need as their job begins
Call them what you like, but every organisation needs an individual to take them through digital transition, if they haven't yet made that leap.