The Women’s Prize for Fiction Sponsorship has been saved
The Women’s Prize for Fiction Sponsorship
The Women’s Prize for Fiction is the UK’s most prestigious annual book award for fiction written by women. Founded in 1996, the award celebrates excellence, originality and accessibility in fiction from around the world. This year, Deloitte is proud to announce it will be sponsoring the Women’s Prize for Fiction, celebrating the best of female creative writing talent, globally.
The 2018 Women’s Prize for Fiction will be awarded on 6 June 2018 at an awards ceremony in central London. The winner will receive an anonymously endowed cheque for £30,000 and a limited edition bronze figurine known as a ‘Bessie’, created and donated by the artist Grizel Niven.
Here at Deloitte, applying our creativity to better serve our clients is a powerful part of what we do, and it is vital that we have a community of diverse voices working together to meet their needs.
Empowering women and creativity in the workplace will undoubtedly improve our business and service offerings. In sponsoring this award we aim to further enthuse our people to authentically express and celebrate creativity at work.
This year’s shortlist is:
- Elif Batuman, The Idiot
- Imogen Hermes Gowar, The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock
- Jessie Greengrass, Sight
- Meena Kandasamy, When I Hit You: Or, A Portrait of the Writer as a Young Wife
- Kamila Shamsie, Home Fire
- Jesmyn Ward, Sing, Unburied, Sing
The judges for the 2018 Women’s Prize for Fiction are:
- Sarah Sands, (Chair), Editor of BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme
- Anita Anand, Radio and Television Journalist
- Katy Brand, Writer, Comedian and Actor
- Catherine Mayer, Journalist, Author and Co-founder of the Women’s Equality Party
- Imogen Stubbs, Actress