IP Diligence has been saved
IP Diligence is the strategic review of your IP risks and opportunities around a specific transaction, for example an acquisition, a loan, investment fundraise or an IP purchase. IP Diligence is a bespoke, fit-for-purpose service focused on the identification and assessment of commercial and optimisation opportunities, as well as potential risks of the IP assets in question.
IP Diligence is a confirmation exercise to help de-risk transactions by reviewing and validating certain information. For example, if a bank is considering lending against IP, they will need confirmation the company has captured their innovations in some form of IP protection. For the bank, this ensures that if the company does not succeed, the intangible assets can potentially be sold and who might buy them. When considering a merger and acquisition it is important to do a thorough analysis of what IP the target company owns and what it needs to operate. The client needs to know how the IP they are acquiring fits into their big-picture strategy.
A case-by-case service, IP Diligence explores your risks and opportunities around the specific IP and intellectual assets you are about to licence in or buy. When considering a merger and acquisition it is important to do a thorough analysis of what IP the target company owns and what it needs to operate.
- During an M&A.
- Understanding transaction readiness.
- When fundraising.
- When looking to lend using IP as collateral.
- Investment preparation.
How Deloitte can help
- De-risk investment and maximise the value of the investment.
- With IP diligence, insights into threats, risks, and opportunities are exposed and made clear.
More Informed Decisions:
- The deep thorough analysis of the third-party assets helps inform strategic decisions and improves the chances of successful post-deal integration.