UK Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: Part 2 [On demand] has been saved
UK Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: Part 2 [On demand]
Aired Thursday 18 June 2020
Host: James Warwick
Presenters: Michael Nicolaides, Andrew Lilley, Mark Jones
Updated HMRC guidance is expected on 12 June 2020 in respect of the next phase of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) covering flexible furloughing and cost sharing. In our webcast, we’ll address a number of the employment law and employment tax issues arising including:
- Insights from our review of the newly released guidance, to include eligible employees, flexible furloughing and meaning of ‘hours worked’ and ‘normal hours not worked’.
- Cost implications explained and impact on CJRS grant calculations, including worked examples to illustrate further pro-rating requirements of hours worked versus furlough time (i.e. normal hours not worked), and reduced grant caps.
- Correction of under and over CJRS claims.
- Implications of flexible furloughing for salary sacrifice arrangements.
- Pension contribution considerations and minimum requirements.
- Workforce restructuring: bringing furloughed employees back part time and next steps for those having to consider redundancies.
Join us if your business has been furloughing.