UK Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Extended [On demand] has been saved
UK Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Extended [On demand]
Aired Tuesday 18 November 2020
Host: James Warwick
Presenters: Michael Nicolaides, Andrew Lilley
On 31 October 2020, the government announced that the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) will be extended, becoming known as CJRS Extended and the introduction of the Job Support Scheme (JSS) deferred. On 5 November, the Chancellor confirmed that CJRS Extended will remain in place until 31 March
2021, with guidance to be published on 10 November. What does your organisation need to consider now? We’ll discuss:
- Eligibility criteria, including extension to new employers and previously non-furloughed employees.
- Funding levels now and from February 2021.
- Publication of claimants in respect of claims from 1 November 2020.
- Potential changes to definitions such as ‘reference pay’ and ‘usual hours’.
- Process for working out claims for new employees who started employment since 20 March 2020.
- The claims process.
- Final claims for periods to 31 October and new monthly claim deadlines.
- Employment law considerations.
- Looking ahead – a return of the Job Support Scheme and the Job Retention Bonus?
Stay on top of the latest developments.