Sale of De Vere Training | Deloitte UK has been added to your bookmarks.
Sale of De Vere Training
Using a bespoke M&A strategy to deliver optimal results
The Non-Standard M&A team provided a tailored sale strategy to the De Vere Group as it sought to sell a non-core business: De Vere Training.
Deloitte’s collaborative and innovative approach delivered an optimal exit solution for De Vere Group while transitioning both learners and employees.
- The De Vere Group had established a successful training business to deliver apprenticeship training programmes in the hospitality sector to both De Vere Group employees and external customers.
- New apprenticeship funding guidelines introduced by the Skills Funding Agency caused De Vere Training to become loss making.
- This led the De Vere Group to explore options for implementing an optimal exit from the business.
- The Non-Standard M&A team identified a compelling investment proposition based upon a core business of work-based learning programmes, with the additional benefit of run-off revenues from its classroom-based learner programme.
- Application of an innovative fee structure enabled the client to fully explore sale potential while also maintaining alternative exit options.
- The disposal generated an optimal exit outcome for De Vere Group and its key financial stakeholder on both financial and non-financial metrics, including successfully transitioning c. 1,100 learners and c. 40 employees.