Bid Defence & Optimisation
When receiving an unexpected or unwelcome approach
If you receive an unexpected or unwelcome approach, you need to be able to defend your financial and operational track record, accounting policies and performance against market expectations/peer group at short notice. We can step in and provide you with the benefit of our deep and broad experience to help you prepare to respond to unsolicited offers/hostile bid situations or if you expect to be actively seeking purchasers or investors in the future.
Preparing for a hostile bid
There is never enough time to respond to an unwelcome or unsolicited approach. The Board could suddenly find themselves having to defend their financial and operational track record, accounting policies and practices, and their performance against both market expectations and their peer group. Deloitte has supported the defence on the most complex and hostile situations in recent history. Our experience is unique. Core benefits of our work include a successful defence, an independent synergy benefit review and often an increased offer from the acquirer.
Our dedicated, specialist team can
- Provide an independent review of your readiness to defend a bid;
- Identify and substantiate appropriate bid defence themes;
- Prepare and report information in line with Takeover Code requirements;
- Support senior management through the process; and
- Optimise the value of standalone operational improvement programmes.