Commercial Due Diligence
Supporting your investment decision
Our fast growing Commercial Due Diligence (CDD) team works to provide highly customised commercial transaction support to both private equity and corporate clients. A specialist team with industry and market expertise will respond to the specific needs of your transaction.
How can we help?
Our rigorous methodology can investigate the following areas
- Industry status quo and trends
- Market environment
- Company capabilities
- Competitive landscape
- Likelihood of achieving projections.
Key features of our service
- Concise reporting methods: product designed for Investment / Credit committees centred on crucial ‘Exam Questions’
- Quick delivery: delivery timetable set to synchronise with transaction cycle
- Bias towards primary research: a dedicated team with experience in a variety of sectors to conduct primary research including site visits and interviews
- Competition benchmarking: assess competitor information through multiple sources, including agency interviews and desktop research. Mange information inconsistency and ambiguity
- Full study vs 'Light' study are organised into discrete parts. We can provide both full studies and specific investigations tailored to your needs
- Part of an integrated service: our financial advisory services are able to assist you with the entire M&A cycle.
Commercial due diligence services
- Report suitable for review by Investment / Credit committees
- Dedicated local CDD team specialising in M&A transaction work
- Methodologies are geared to deliver within a standard transaction time lines (2 to 6 weeks)
- Able to conduct primary research within deal timelines using innovative, specific approaches
- Leverage Deloitte staff including surveys, networks and expertise.
Target screening / Target profiling / Competitor benchmarking
- Apply proven screening methodology in Local markets
- Utilise specific methodologies, multiple data sources and alternative collection techniques to profile companies to get a holistic view of potential targets
- Similar methodology can be applied to identify and benchmark competitors against a set of KPIs
- Market entry strategy
- Strategies developed by a team that understands M&A transaction considerations and understands investment considerations
- Market research conducted in a similar manner and time frame as a due diligence based on ‘exam questions’ enabling quick decisions
- Take advantage of Deloitte's broad networks
- Able to apply innovative and practical techniques to resolve various challenges facing data collection.
- Key company / market assumptions can be verified
- Research and analysis can be focused on providing a lower and upper range for KPIs to support sensitivity tests and valuation efforts.