Corporate Finance Advisory - Business and Professional Services
Industry and market knowledge underpins successful advice
Our Business and Professional Services team provides corporates, private equity houses and other clients with a full suite of M&A services including acquisitions, divestments, buy-outs and capital raisings, advising on a range of cross-border transactions.
Our professionals give a perspective gained from a dedicated industry focus. Their industry insights and relationships provide a truly distinctive edge.
Business and Professional Services
Byron Griffin is the UK Business and Professional Services leader and is responsible for co-ordinating our efforts in the industry for Deloitte.
Our expertise extends across the full range of sub-industries including:
- BPO and administration services
- Facilities management
- Human capital services
- Transport and logistics
- Professional services
We have identified a targeted group of industries within the wider Business and Professional Services industry which we believe have certain characteristics which will drive heightened M&A over the next few years and in which we have significant expertise and credentials. These niche sub-sectors are:
- Trust and fund administration
- Finance, administration and customer contact BPO
- Legal services
- Energy management services
- Compliance and regulatory consulting services
- Education and training
- Specialist distribution
Over the last three years, we have advised on over 20 successful disposal transactions, a significant share being to UK and international trade buyers. In addition, we have acted for a number of private equity fund purchasers and vendors.
Examples of our work
The Listening Company
Advisoer to the shareholders of The Listening Company on the disposal to Serco Group Plc
Adviser to the shareholders of Premier Medical on the disposal to Capita Group
Adviser to Mourant Limited on the disposal of their private wealth administration business to RBC and their fund administration business to State Street
Adviser to Graphite Capital on the acquisition of Teaching Personnel and the subsequent acquisition of Protocol Education
- Disposal of Equiom Group, a UK offshore trust services business, to Lloyds Development Capital
- Disposal of International Private Equity Services (IPES), a leading European fund administrator, to Silverfleet
- Disposal of Close Brothers' offshore operations to Kleinwort Benson
- Advised Servest UK, a diversified multinational facilities management corporate on the acquisition of Stag Security Services
- Disposal of Promanex, a leading industrial support services business, to Costain Plc
Legal and professional services
- Disposal of The Listening Company, a UK-based provider of outsourced customer contact centre services, to Serco Group Plc.
- Disposal of Premex Group, a leading provider of medical legal reports and rehaiblitation services, to ExamWorks Group Inc.
Human Capital Services
- Advised Isis EP LLP, a leading mid-market PE house, on the acquisition of Nigel Frank International- Advised Dunedin LLP, a leading mid-market PE house, of the acquisition of Red Commerce
Transport and Logistics
- Advised the management team of City Link on the MBO of the business by Better Capital
- Advised ECI Partners, a leading mid-market PE house, on the acquisition of Citation Holdings