Corporate Finance Advisory - Financial Services
Industry and market knowledge underpins successful advice
Our Financial Services Corporate Finance Advisory team advises financial institutions, governments, corporates and private equity house clients, providing a full suite of M&A services including strategic option advice, preparation for exit, acquisition, divestment, buy-out, capital raising advice. The team advises on UK and cross-border transactions.
Our professionals give a perspective gained from a dedicated industry focus. Their industry insights and relationships provide a truly distinctive edge.
The financial services industry remains under significant pressure to restructure and rethink strategic priorities following the financial and economic turbulence of the past few years.
Many institutions are struggling to comply with regulatory changes and capital requirements whilst simultaneously improving profitability and return on equity. Many of these institutions are divesting of risky assets and retrenching from non-core services and geographies to focus on core business lines. Simultaneously, the restructuring of balance sheets, bank bail outs and bank failures are creating new strategic opportunities for stable, well capitalised and “new entrant” financial institutions to expand their geographic and customer footprints via acquisitions and mergers.
Our team is fully integrated with Deloitte’s network of more than 20,000 financial services specialists located across the globe providing up-to-date, expert insight into tax, regulatory and general market changes.
The insurance sector has weathered the global economic crisis well; however, significant challenges remain, including:
- the attraction of capital;
- cost control;
- managing compliance and regulatory risk;
- increasing competition throughout the value-chain; and
- attracting new customers through ever-changing distribution channels.
Our dedicated Insurance team is at the forefront of its market and leverages its experience and network to deliver consistently outstanding results which create tangible value for shareholders, companies and individuals.
Examples of our work include:
- Buy side advisory services on Carlyle Group's acquisition of RAC
- Lead adviser to shareholders on the disposal of National Dental Plan to Capita
Lead adviser to management on the sale of Cardsave to Worldpay
Client testimonials include:
- "The Deloitte team demonstrated an in-depth knowledge of the general insurance sector which was instrumental in developing and validating our value creation story" - Mark Wood
- "Deloitte displayed tremendous skill and tact in negotiating the right deal for management without adversely impacting the main sale transaction" - Clive Kahn
Banking and Building Societies
Our Banking and Building Societies team provides a range of advisory services tailored to the rapidly changing needs of retail / private banks and building societies. Our technical expertise is informed by a deep understanding of sector issues and the evolving regulatory environment in which organisations are operating, allowing us to help them to understand the implications of changing regulations and advise on innovative solutions to react to moving regulatory and market forces.
Recent market developments have led to the competitive and regulatory banking landscape evolving at unprecedented speed. Banks are having to understand and tackle a complex matrix of regulatory pressures and organisational challenges and are formulating new plans and strategies to maintain profitability whilst complying with an increasingly capital intensive regulatory framework.
Our banking and building society team works together with tax, regulatory and other specialists advising on:
- Strategic options analysis
- Core/non-core separations
- Balance sheet restructuring and deleveraging
- Business/asset divestments
- RWA optimisation
- Loan portfolio sales
- Legal entity optimisation
- Business exit preparation