IP Defence and Disputes has been saved
IP Defence and Disputes
IP Advisory provides strategic and tactical support when you are approached with an IP licensing demand, IP litigation threat or are already involved in a contentious action. For example, a competitor may demand a license fee for alleged past, current and/or future use of a patented technology. We provide objective data and an independent evaluation of the IP and financial risks you are facing.
Our team of IP experts help ensure you are better prepared to respond to threats and demands and whether to enter into a license and under which terms. You are provided with a range of factual and objective arguments to support a negotiation strategy. In situations that are already contentious, IP Advisory works alongside the disputes teams in Deloitte Forensic to provide IP and technical subject matter expertise in support of defence advisory and expert witnessing engagements.
How can Deloitte help
- Before responding to a patent assertion, or litigation threat, you are provided with a deeper analysis of the threat at hand and offered strategic options like acquiring patents defensively that counter the contentious claims.
Clear Assessed Risks:
- With the threat fully understood and the risk scenarios addressed, you are better prepared to respond and take action.
- We identify IP assets, internal or external, that could be leveraged to counter assert.
- You are provided with the objective arguments needed to support their settlement strategy and if a license is necessary, the price is negotiated with objective and data-driven IP value assessment scenarios.
- Our team of experts provide you with reporting to address specific court requirements as directed by counsel. We are able to challenge the other side’s expert reports and if necessary appear in court as an expert witness.