Private Equity Debt Advisory has been saved
Private Equity Debt Advisory
Independent debt advice for financial sponsor-backed businesses
Deloitte's Private Equity Debt Advisory team works closely with CFOs and Private Equity investors to provide them with independent advice and world class execution resource on all aspects of their debt financing.
- Maturing debt facilities which need refinancing – amend and extend exercises;
- Considering accessing a new debt market – alternative/non-bank lenders or capital markets;
- Reviewing asset based finance to release value from balance sheet – receivables, stock, plant & machinery or property;
- Funding for growth and expansion;
Funding for dividends and cash out;
- Analysing off balance sheet finance;
- joint venture funding or equity investment; and
- Assessing multiple proposals from lenders.
Acquisitions, Disposals and Mergers
- Raising acquisition finance facilities;
- Providing a staple debt package to maximise sale proceeds on a disposal; and
- Additional finance required as a result of a change in strategic objectives.
Restructuring or renegotiating of existing debt facilities
- New money requirement;
- Real or potential breach of covenants;
- Experiencing a trading downturn creating short term liquidity pressure, leading to a requirement for temporary or additional working capital; and
- Existing lenders transfer debt to an alternative lender group.
The financial markets in which the team advises include:
- Leveraged finance bi-lateral, club and syndicated senior bank facilities;
- Mezzanine finance, unitranche, second lien, PIK and quasi facilities;
Asset Based lending facilities; and
- Debt Capital markets including High Yield issuance and ratings advisory.
Examples of our work
Temporary staffing business
- Refinancing of the business
- Combined debt advisory services and financial and commercial due diligence
- Find out more
- £305m US TLB leveraged refinancing of a global life sciences and pharmaceuticals business backed by Bridgepoint Advisers Limited
- Cov-lite financing package with 6 MLAs and 4 lead underwriters
- Large proportion of debt facilities syndicated into CLO market
- Leverage refinancing of a Channel Islands based specialist corporate / fund services provider backed by Inflexion Private Equity Partners L LP
- £45m debt raise with considerable permitted payments flexibility
- IPO debt facilities arranged for the listing of one of the UK’s largest convenience store businesses, backed by Caird Capital LLP
- £85m of revolving credit facilities raised in order to repay existing facilities and shareholder loans
- Staple debt raise for UK’s largest independent leasing, fleet management and vehicle outsourcing businesses, backed by Morgan Stanley Private Equity
- £91m of term loan debt facilities raised alongside securitisation fleet funding arrangement