2019 Insurance Industry Outlook has been added to Bookmarks.
2019 Insurance Industry Outlook
Strategies to stay competitive in the insurance market
Sustained economic growth, rising interest rates, and higher investment income contributed to a strong year for insurers in 2018. Although 2019 is shaping up to be a banner year, longer term challenges like the potential for economic slowdown and ongoing disputes over tariffs and trade rules may cast a shadow on the insurance market outlook. Our US-based Center for Financial Services has explored what is coming for insurers.
Select a topic below to learn more:
Take the lead with Dbriefs—live webcasts that give you valuable insights on important developments affecting your business.
January 8, 2:00 p.m. ET
An improving economy and rising interest rates are helping bolster insurer bottom lines. But the industry still faces plenty of opportunities and threats in the year ahead, including economic, cultural, regulatory, and technological. We’ll discuss:
- Growth prospects and potential speed bumps in property, casualty, life insurance, and annuities.
- New oversight hurdles emerging globally in market conduct, privacy, and cyber risk management.
- Options for reinventing product development, talent, and automation.
Participants will learn what changes in operations and investments may be necessary to help insurers grow and thrive in a dynamic environment where innovation can make a critical difference.
Explore additional resources
- Get ahead of coming insurance regulatory trends to better guide your compliance strategies, actions, and investments. Read the Insurance Regulatory Outlook.
- Subscribe to our Quick Look blog.
- Learn more about the Deloitte Center for Financial Services.
Access the archive
In today’s rapidly evolving marketplace environment, key business issues are converging with impacts felt across multiple industry sectors. What are the key trends, challenges, and opportunities that may affect your business and influence your strategy? Look for more perspectives and insights from some of Deloitte’s forward thinkers.