Episode 11: How can finance be more operationally resilient? has been added to Bookmarks.
Episode 11: How can finance be more operationally resilient?
Regulated Radio podcasts
Outages, data breaches, systems failures. What happens when the financial sector’s normal functioning gets disrupted? In this episode, Scott Martin speaks to Rick Cudworth and Neil Bourke from Deloitte’s Reputation, Crisis & Resilience team to find out what Financial Services firms are doing to strengthen their operational resilience. Tune in now to understand how regulators are becoming more and more alert to the complexity of these risks and how they’re proactively getting Financial Services firms to be better prepared for them.
- What is operational resilience and why has it become such an important issue for the financial sector
- What are financial regulatory authorities saying financial sector firms need to do?
- What is an ‘impact tolerance’ and what is a ‘business service’ – and why does this matter?
- How can impact categories help firms understand the ‘harm’ to stakeholders they could cause if their services were suspended?
- What kind of scenarios should Financial Services firms be thinking about to stress test their resilience capabilities?
If you think about how quickly the financial sector is becoming dependent on new and complex technology, you’ll see that a focus on operational resilience isn’t going away anytime soon.