Episode 14: The financial risks from climate change has been saved
Episode 14: The financial risks from climate change
Regulated Radio podcasts
What are firms doing to ensure they are prepared for climate change and the financial risks it can bring? Amid growing political, media and regulatory attention, banks and insurers are coming under increased pressure to show that they understand the scale of the climate risks that they each face. In this episode, Scott Martin speaks to Damian Hales and Rutang Thanawalla from Deloitte’s FS-Risk Advisory practice about the latest thinking in the financial sector on preparing for climate change. Tune in now to hear about a key financial sector risk and the regulatory response.
- What are the different types of climate change risks that firms should be assessing now?
- How is measuring climate risk different compared to measuring financial risk or conduct risk?
- Which climate change scenarios are the most realistic ones for firms to be assessing?
- Which regulators are leading the pack in establishing climate change stress tests for financial firms?
- How can we expect the regulatory framework around climate risk to evolve in the next decade?
To put it simply, the regulatory focus will switch from green wishing to green-watching and regulators will want confirmation that firms are doing what they’re saying in their reporting and their disclosures.