Episode 15: COVID-19 and financial sector resilience has been added to Bookmarks.
Episode 15: COVID-19 and financial sector resilience
Regulated Radio podcasts
As much of the world prepares for long periods of lockdown and social distancing, how can financial services firms and their regulators be confident that measures taken to strengthen the resilience of the financial the system have been enough? In this episode, Scott Martin speaks to David Strachan from Deloitte’s EMEA Centre for Regulatory Strategy and Rick Cudworth from Deloitte’s Reputation, Crisis & Resilience practice to get their take on whether the financial sector can stay resilient through the disruption caused by COVID-19. Tune in now to hear what we’re seeing during these extraordinary times.
- How does the current turmoil in financial markets compare to the 2008-2009 global financial crisis?
- What can stress testing exercises tell us about the ability of financial sector firms to absorb the shock of COVID-19?
- How are regulators around the world trying to support the stability and functioning of financial firms?
- What should firms do to safeguard their operational resilience over the duration of the lockdown?
- What could changes in government strategy towards social distancing mean for firms in the coming months?
Outbreaks around the world have led to widespread lockdowns, closed borders and a rapid slowing of economic activity. Financial markets have witnessed dramatic volatility and financial institutions, central banks and governments have all been put to the test.