Episode 17: COVID-19, IFRS9 and how banks are managing the crisis has been saved
Episode 17: COVID-19, IFRS9 and how banks are managing the crisis
Regulated Radio podcasts
Banks will face enormous challenges managing the economic fallout of the COVID-19 crisis. The role of IFRS9 in determining the amount of loan losses banks have to provision for has received a lot of attention since the pandemic took hold. We invited two of Deloitte’s leading banking experts, Mark Rhys and Ian Wilson, on the show to help us better understand the sector’s recent performance and what we can expect banks and regulators to do in the coming months as the crisis evolves.
- What are the most significant challenges that banks are facing in the COVID-19 crisis?
- What is IFRS9, how does it work, and why is it receiving so much attention now?
- How do forecasts about the economy’s performance in the downturn change the way banks anticipate losses?
- What are some of the most important measures regulators have taken to stabilise the sector?
- How should banks be preparing for the end of extraordinary government support programmes?