The Deloitte-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain Survey 2016 has been added to Bookmarks.
The Deloitte-Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain Survey 2016
The opportunities and challenges of doing business in Brazil
More than a year since the Deloitte – Brazilian Chamber of Commerce Survey 2015, the economic and political difficulties in Brazil remain; however Deloitte and the Brazilian Chamber of Commerce continue to believe the headwinds faced by the Brazilian economy are temporary.
The survey provides insight into C-suite executives’ perception of the future prospects of Brazil and their operations in Brazil.
Three highlights from the 2016 results include:
- A sharp reduction in optimism of UK companies about their short-term prospects in Brazil with all respondents now believing it to be very/fairly difficult to do business in Brazil
- 70% of respondents continue to believe Brazil is an important market for the future of their organisations
- Significant opportunities identified from the increasing demand for goods and services from a growing middle class
The survey shows again the short term challenges and long term opportunities which Brazil presents for British business. Post Brexit, Brazil will be an even more important commercial partner for the UK and for British companies. The British diplomatic network in Brazil is here to help manage the difficulties and open the opportunities.
- Alex Ellis, HM Ambassador to Brazil
Brazil is still a relevant destination for FDI amid the challenges imposed by the political and economic scenario. It is positive to learn from the survey that the Foreign Investors perceived the opportunities available in various sectors of the economy.
- Sérgio Gullo, Chairman of the Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain