Deloitte UK launches new regulatory and investor reporting managed service
10 March 2016
- The service supports global regulatory requirements, including new PRIIPs regulation.
Deloitte, the business advisory firm, today launches a new service to help investment managers, banks and insurance firms navigate complex global marketing regulation and tax rules. Deloitte’s new managed service delivers reports for multiple regulatory and investor requirements.
Mark Ward, head of investment management at Deloitte UK, said: “A recent paper from the World Economic Forum recognised the challenge of regulatory cost pressures on asset managers. It also noted that global regulation has meant significant resource has been used to ensure compliance processes are up to date and properly monitored at any given time.
“Investment managers are subject to a complex set of marketing and distribution rules, including AIFMD, Dodd Frank and Solvency II, requiring different notification, registration and reporting requirements across jurisdictions and investor types. The implementation of new Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products (PRIIPs) rules for distribution to retail clients will also capture insurance, pensions and structured products providers, as well as non-UCITS funds who will now need to produce Key Information Documents (KIDs). While managers grapple with the legal, operational and technology aspects of this challenge, regulators increased their focus on consistent, timely and accurate disclosures to investors. These circumstances point to a high risk of error and inefficiency.”
Chris Farkas, co-head of UK investment management managed services, Deloitte, added: “Our service uses one set of data to satisfy multiple reporting requirements simplifying the process for clients. Deloitte’s project team integrates the data, centralises it in a data repository, and manages the day-to day creation, production and dissemination of these reports. This reduces the risk of error, and enables the clients’ marketing, technology, legal, compliance and operational teams to focus on issues more central to the management of their firm and wider business objectives.”
Notes to editors
About the service
Deloitte’s managed service includes any combination of the following components:
- Fund registrations for Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs), Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities (UCITS) and offshore funds with local regulators;
- Regulatory reports such as AIFMD Annex IV , Form PF and Form CPO-PQR;
- Investor reporting such as marketing factsheets, Solvency II, Packaged Retail Investment and Insurance Product (PRIIP) Key Information Documents (KIDs);
- Investor tax reporting and advisory;
- Market intelligence and advisory services to stay current with local regulatory requirements, and provide distribution advisory services including client relationship management systems and salesforce effectiveness.
In this press release references to Deloitte are references to Deloitte LLP, which is among the country's leading professional services firms.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), a UK private company limited by guarantee, whose member firms are legally separate and independent entities. Please see www.deloitte.co.uk/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of DTTL and its member firms.
The information contained in this press release is correct at the time of going to press.
Member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.