Manchester Crane Survey 2018
Living for the city
Backed by significant investor confidence, a strong business community, and an influx of new talent, the demand for property, particularly in the residential market, has never been more evident.
Cementing itself as a thriving global destination, how has this driven construction in Manchester City Centre?
Manchester - ‘one of Europe’s fastest growing cities’
The key findings show:
- Over 11,000 residential units under construction across 41 developments
- Residential under construction up 60% on previous year
- Construction commenced on 32 new schemes
- Six office developments totalling 1.5million sq ft began construction
- 62,557 sq ft of retail and leisure space delivered, representing a four-fold increase on previous year
Explore our findings
Space available sq ft:
Volume of new starts
Residential volume under construction