Real Estate in Public Sector
The UK Public Sector is facing fundamental challenges as budget pressures continue alongside increasing service demands and accessibility requirements. Real estate has a significant role to play in ensuring that the public sector can deliver services to end users at a convenient location, in a fit for purpose building, cost effectively.
Deloitte Real Estate supports central government and local public service clients in optimising their portfolios from strategy through to implementation. Our detailed understanding of the challenges facing the public sector combined with our deep real estate expertise mean we are uniquely placed to advise public sector on real estate issues.
- Strategic sourcing in the public sector – maximising the benefits of real estate
- Government real estate and property portfolio – a key enabler to achieve meaningful savings
- Property Professionals Course – Deloitte and the Government Property Unit
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation – procurement and selection of a strategic business partner
- Palace of Westminster – restoration and renewal programme
The London Business Footprint
The London Business Footprint explores changes in the use of central London office space over the past decade, with interesting results for public sector organisations. The education sector’s presence has increased as more universities locate in the capital. Government has fewer offices as space leased to government has declined by over a quarter. Read more…
State of the State 2014
Deloitte’s State of the State report, in its third edition, is established as an important independent overview of the UK public sector. The deficit reduction programme that began in 2010 is now at the halfway point, but harder decisions lie ahead, and real estate will play a full role in achieving the further required savings. Read more…