Deloitte Delight Yorkshire Air Ambulance with £10,000 Donation has been saved
Deloitte Delight Yorkshire Air Ambulance with £10,000 Donation
The Leeds office of business advisory firm Deloitte are delighted to announce they have raised a fantastic £10,000 for Yorkshire Air Ambulance since the beginning of their charity partnership in June 2015.
The rapid response emergency service was selected after a vote by the 480 staff in the firm’s City Square offices. Since the partnership began staff have been raising much needed funds through a range of activities from the traditional dress down days and bake sales, to the more adventurous including a sponsored 14 mile canoe challenge.
Helen Kaye, partner and corporate responsibility lead at Deloitte in Yorkshire, said: “I am delighted to have supported Yorkshire Air Ambulance as our local office charity for the last year. From the 480 people based in our Leeds office we have seen some fantastic fundraising efforts to help Yorkshire Air Ambulance in their mission to save lives across the county.
“Through our corporate responsibility programme at Deloitte our aim is to play a proactive role in helping our local charity deal with key organisational challenges, not just raising funds and also providing time and expertise through volunteering and pro-bono support.”
Yorkshire Air Ambulance serves five million people across the county and attends more than 1,000 incidents a year. The charity has so far airlifted more than 6,800 people.
Kerry Garner, Regional Fundraising Manager, said: "It has been a pleasure working with the Leeds Deloitte team over the last year and we would like to sincerely thank their staff for their amazing fundraising efforts! £10,000 is a huge amount of money for the Charity and will certainly help to keep saving lives across Yorkshire. We are an independent Charity and rely on support from people such as the staff at Deloitte to help us raise the vital funds we need each and every day to keep both of our helicopters in the air and helping to save lives.”
Notes to editors
- YAA is an independent charity needing to raise £12,000 per day to keep both of Yorkshire’s air ambulances in the air and maintained. This is equivalent to £4.4 million each year.
- The YAA provides a lifesaving rapid response emergency service 365 days a year to 5 million people across 4 million acres of Yorkshire.
- We operate two helicopters, G-SASH and G-CEMS. They operate from Nostell Priory near Wakefield and RAF Topcliffe, near Thirsk.
- The service is operational seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Patients are transferred to the nearest major trauma centres, flying at speeds of up to 160mph.
- YAA paramedics and dispatchers are seconded to us by Yorkshire Ambulance Service.
- We currently attend over 1,000 missions a year, an average of three incidents every single day.
- To date, over 6,800 patients have been carried to relevant treatment centres.
In this press release references to Deloitte are references to Deloitte LLP, which is among the country's leading professional services firms.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), a UK private company limited by guarantee, whose member firms are legally separate and independent entities. Please see www.deloitte.co.uk/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of DTTL and its member firms.
The information contained in this press release is correct at the time of going to press.
Member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.