Deloitte Delight Local Hospice with £35,000 Donation
15 July 2015
St Gemma’s Hospice would like to say a huge and heartfelt thank you to all of the staff at the Leeds office of Deloitte who have supported St. Gemma’s Hospice as their charity partner between 2013-15 and raised an absolutely incredible £35,000.
From traditional dress down days and cakes sales to a Three Peaks Challenge and twice taking part (and winning!) the St. Gemma’s You’re Hired! Corporate Challenge, the staff at Deloitte really have astonished the Hospice with their support and commitment.
Helen Kaye, partner and corporate responsibility lead at Deloitte in Yorkshire, said: “I am delighted to have supported St. Gemma’s Hospice as our local office charity for the last two years. With 490 people based in our Leeds office we have seen some fantastic fundraising efforts to help St. Gemma’s Hospice continue to provide vital support to local people living with terminal illnesses, along with support for their friends and family.
Through our corporate responsibility programme at Deloitte our aim is to play a proactive role in helping our local charity deal with key organisational challenges, not just raising funds but also providing time and expertise through volunteering and pro-bono support.”
Tracie Harrison, Senior Corporate Fundraiser at St. Gemma’s said ‘It has been a pleasure and a privilege to work with Helen and all of the staff at Deloitte. The amount raised over the two years is absolutely incredible and will pay for 75 days of care in our In-Patient Unit where patients receive the highest level of care, and support is given to friends and family. St. Gemma’s simply could not provide their services if we did not receive amazing support from companies such as Deloitte, we are incredibly grateful for all that they have done.’
If you are interested in supporting St Gemma’s Hospice through your workplace please contact Tracie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 218 5296 for further information.
St Gemma’s Hospice (www.st-gemma.co.uk), based in Moortown, Leeds, provides the best possible care and quality of life for local people with cancer and other life threatening illnesses. Care provided is free of charge to patients and their families so St Gemma's relies on donations and local fundraising initiatives in the community.
Notes to editors
- St Gemma's Hospice is the largest hospice in Yorkshire and one of the largest in England. www.st-gemma.co.uk
- St Gemma’s Hospice provides the best possible care and quality of life for local people with cancer and other life threatening illnesses.
- It’s a friendly, warm and safe place at the heart of the local community with a large range of expert services to support patients, their families and friends.
- St Gemma's Hospice welcomes and provides care for people from all faiths and those with no faith or religion. The staff focus care around the needs of the individual and are respectful of all beliefs, religions and cultures.
- The Hospice provides In-Patient care but is not just a building; patients are supported in the place they want to stay – often their own homes.
- The services provided by St Gemma's Hospice are free of charge to patients, families and carers, but are not free to provide. The running costs of St Gemma’s Hospice are forecast to be almost £9 million this year. The majority of this needs to be raised through donations, legacies, fundraising initiatives and our chain of charity shops.
- St Gemma's Hospice is rooted in the local community and would not be able to care for local people with life threatening illnesses without the public’s valuable and ongoing support.
In this press release references to Deloitte are references to Deloitte LLP, which is among the country's leading professional services firms.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), a UK private company limited by guarantee, whose member firms are legally separate and independent entities. Please see www.deloitte.co.uk/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of DTTL and its member firms.
The information contained in this press release is correct at the time of going to press.
Member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.