The Manchester Crane Survey 2014
Last year saw the highest number of new development starts in Manchester City Centre in five years. As 2014 has progressed, an air of consistently improving confidence has enveloped the City and Manchester is billed once again as being at the forefront of the UK's regional cities when it comes to investment decisions outside of the Capital. But are levels of activity reflecting this upturn in sentiment?
2014 has been a reminder of the strength of Manchester's economy
A total of thirteen schemes have completed since last year's survey, comprised of:
- 320,000 sq. ft. of office space across four buildings
- 390,000 sq. ft. of education and research facilities
- one hotel
- 212 residential units
- 1,457 student bed spaces
- The long-anticipated completion of the Central Library redevelopment and the Town Hall extension.
2014 headline stats
- 325,000 sq. ft. of office space in the pipeline
- Residential development is at a 5 year high with 1,426 units under construction
- 76% average hotel room occupancy
Large-scale projects are under construction or very clearly on the development horizon, attracting further new investment into the regional centre.