Crisis Management Conference 2018
Beyond the response
The sixth annual Crisis Management Conference took place on Thursday 20 September 2018 at etc.venues County Hall.
The conference has built up a reputation as the most insightful event to attend for sharing views, experiences and the latest crisis management thinking with like-minded professionals from industry, government and academia.
This year’s theme “Beyond the response” explored the entire duration of a crisis, from prevention and response through to the challenges organisations face after the peak of a crisis and the lessons that can be learnt.
We were excited to welcome the following speakers to the conference:
- Lord Robert Kerslake, former head of the civil service and chair of the independent review into the preparedness for, and emergency response to, the Manchester Arena attack
- Andrew Gowers, Head of Corporate Affairs, Trafigura Group Pte Ltd
- Helen Graham, Group Chief Privacy Officer at Shell
- Charlie Messervy-Whiting, Regional Manager Crisis Readiness for Europe at Shell
- Sara Todd, Deputy Chief Executive at Manchester City Council
- Dr Robert MacFarlane, Head of UK Resilience Training, Doctrine and Standards at The Cabinet Office
- Yasmin Gamal, PhD, Global Head Business Continuity & Novartis Emergency Management, Novartis
To register your interest in attending or speaking at the Crisis Management Conference in 2019, please contact Kirsty Davis.
"The speakers were excellent, it was much less a range of people lecturing to us and much more focused on people sharing their insights and their experiences."
"This was my 4th CMC and it delivered yet again - great speakers, rich content and thought-provoking discussions both during and after the formal sessions."
"The Crisis Management Conference is the only conference I absolutely make sure I can attend. Not only does it offer great variety of topics and speakers, it is an ideal opportunity for networking with likeminded professionals and great value for money."