Target and acquiring a sports asset
The Deloitte Sports Business Group has an extensive track-record of providing due diligence services to a wide range of clients in respect of various sports assets and in a multitude of different countries around the world.
Financial and tax due diligence in respect of the target business can also be supplemented by broader commercial due diligence on the market in which it operates, and tax structuring advice.
Examples of our transactions include:
- Provision of industry and real estate advice, and financial and tax due diligence to Prince Abdullah bin Mosaad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud with respect to the investment in Sheffield United Football Club.
- Deloitte provided financial and tax due diligence services in respect of the acquisition of London Irish Rugby Football Club by a consortium of Irish owned UK businesses.
- Commercial and technology due diligence for Sports Investment Partners investing in Rightster, a company which specialises in the distribution, audience engagement and monetisation of video content in the digital world.
- Commercial due diligence on Bridgepoint’s acquisition of Infront Sports & Media, a leading global sports marketing company.
- Due diligence in respect of the proposed acquisition of a Formula 1 racing team.
- Due diligence services to International Management Group (IMG) in respect of the acquisition BSI Speedway (the company holding the rights to the FIM World Individual Speedway Grand Prix Series and FIM Speedway World Cup).
- Due diligence in respect of the refinancing of Wembley National Stadium.
- Due diligence services in respect of potential investment in major European football clubs in Italy, France, Spain and Scotland.
- Due diligence for Wasserman Media Group in respect of their acquisition of the SFX European football player agency business.
- Commercial due diligence to support Bridgepoint’s successful bid to acquire Dorna Sports, owner of Moto GP.
- Market report and financial due diligence in respect of the £790m acquisition by the Glazer family of Manchester United.