Employment model for senior mobile talent
Global Employment Companies and service delivery
Deloitte Global Workforce helped a multinational banking and financial services organisation assess whether a Global Employment Company (GEC) would be the most effective solution to their most pressing global workforce challenges. Our work involved the completion of detailed due diligence and the identification of service delivery model optimisation opportunities.
Company Overview and Objectives
The company, a multinational banking and financial services company, required our support in assessing the possibilities of implementing a GEC. Due to the change in organisation structure and geographical focus, we supported the company in determining how Global Mobility can best support the business in retaining existing senior talent and how it can both attract the best international talent and develop existing talent in the market going forward.
Additionally, the organisation wanted to review the end-to-end assignment lifecycle with a view to enhancing the overall employee experience through a more proactive and higher touch model.
The Deloitte Approach
Determine the optimal employment model to ensure it is designed to meet the future needs of the business through an initial feasibility assessment to a design and build of a Global Employment Company and supporting service delivery structure for the organisation's Top 50 regional executives.
Key Activities Undertaken
Analysis of demographic data and Voice of Customer interviews with senior business and regional HR stakeholders fed in Lab to discuss initial findings.
A detailed due diligence on the potential use of a GEC across 8 functional work-streams within the organisation: Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing, Indirect Tax, Corporate Governance, Employment Law, Reward Regulations and Social Security, Talent Mobility, and a location analysis across 4 countries.
- Voice of Customer output summary and key themes.
- Feasibility assessment of various service delivery models.
- 4 x Deloitte-facilitated project workshops.
- Business Case report to obtain funding for GEC set up and service delivery optimization.
- GEC due diligence report.
- Touch of service and customer journey mapping.
- Common understanding of the business and HR requirements of the future model.
- Clear articulation of the recommended model, following a detailed analysis across 8 areas.
- Future state design of new model, aligned to customer experience goals.
- Business case to obtain leadership buy-in and investment.