Global Compensation Management
Global Employer Solutions case study
The company were experiencing compliance issues in a number of jurisdictions and had little or no visibility to the actual compensation being either paid or ‘shadowed’ to their assignee population globally.
The client in this case study is a large oil and gas company operating in over 40 countries with a global expatriate workforce in the region of 3000.
The company were experiencing compliance issues in a number of jurisdictions where they were operating and had little or no visibility to the actual compensation being either paid or ‘shadowed’ to their assignee population globally.
The objective was to therefore provide wider transparency of the Company‘s mobility programme to allow them to pinpoint and resolve the compliance issues.
Once data was collected and analysed this would also provide them with an extensive cost analysis of their mobility program which could then be utilised to assist with future assignment planning and their overall mobility strategy.
How we solved the issues
- Global payroll survey rolled out to obtain and collate key information on process, system, population and deliverables
- Mapping of all data sources (both cash and off payroll benefits/expenses)
- Introduction of a centralised global pay code catalogue that provides structure to the payroll process
- Linking of home and host compensation data at an assignee level
- Updated and corrected the client’s centralised assignee database
- Global rollout of a standardised monthly payroll processing calendar
- Deployment of Deloitte’s international HR database to collect and maintain compensation data
- Introduction of a unique global identifier for each assignment that allows for full tracking
- Production of shadow payroll instructions in both home and host locations for greater compliance
- Fully outsourced payroll rollout and recommendations in a number of locations
- Transparent cost analysis and MI reporting
- Accurate monthly payroll instructions to reduce withholding compliance issues
- Global process deployed to link home and host compensation
- Wider transparency for assignees and management reporting
- Client’s central database underwent a major facelift and data cleanse which allows it to be the primary record
- Deloitte’s international HR database has produced timely and accurate reporting of global compensation