Operations Transformation for Tax has been saved
Operations Transformation for Tax
See beyond your current tax operating model
Growing complexity in global tax regulations, the relentless wave of technology change, and a shortage of tax talent are colliding to create greater potential risk and cost exposures for your organisation. Deloitte can help you transform your tax operating model to address these challenges and position your tax function and business for the future.
- Redefine your tax operating model
- Specialised approaches to tax operating model transformation
- Navigating the tax operating model continuum
- Why choose Deloitte to help with your tax operating model journey?
- Get in touch
Redefine your tax operating model
Like many leaders, you may be realising that your current tax operating model isn't equipped to handle the mounting pressures of today's tax reality.
More traditional models are often powered by a mix of in-house staff, multiple external vendors, and point technology solutions. These models can be expensive, inefficient, and unable to keep pace with the speed of change globally. How can you find ways to work smarter, faster, and cheaper?
A growing need for combined tax technical and technology skill sets, along with increasing complexities in tax laws, can make it harder to assemble a team that successfully addresses your tax obligations, much less creates value for your business. How can you more effectively access the right people to meet your needs?
The sheer amount of data coming through tax departments can be daunting. Knowing how to adapt your organisation's tax operating model to extract meaningful insights from the data and mitigate the potential for risk exposure can be difficult. How can you predict and plan accordingly?
Specialised approaches to tax operating model transformation
Deloitte can help you analyse your current tax department capabilities across talent, technology, data, processes, and risk management.
- What functions should your tax team manage largely in-house (insourcing)?
- What should you outsource with the help of a third-party?
- How can you use technology to potentially improve productivity and lower costs?
- How might your talent models need to evolve?
Transformation is not a one-size-fits-all endeavor. Together we’ll explore options for your future tax operating model and identify opportunities for creating potential efficiency improvements, cost savings, resource reallocations, and increased business value.
Navigating the tax operating model continuum—options may include:
|Modernising traditional models with technology and process support
Opportunities abound to increase productivity, reduce cycle times, and get sharper insights from your existing tax operating model. We work with tax leaders to: streamline and automate tax processes, apply technology to create efficiencies and manage information more effectively, and enhance talent and leverage models. Our robust approaches help you address specific quality and cost control objectives to create value for your organisation.
|Leveraging outsourcing to get the basics done so you can focus on increasing strategic impact
With the extraordinary volume of regulatory changes and increasing complexity in tax law, tax departments are spending an inordinate amount of time on tax compliance and financial reporting. This leaves them little to no time for planning or identifying and managing risk. Adding to the challenge, many organisations are finding it difficult to hire and retain the talent and skills they need. Outsourcing can help liberate tax department resources from essential, but low-value activities, and shift focus to strategy, planning, and other high-value tasks.
|Innovating new tax operations and talent models
For some, the pressures of today’s tax reality have a hit a tipping point, and traditional solutions are falling short of growing needs. Deloitte helps you look beyond traditional tax insourcing and outsourcing paradigms to create new models for transforming your tax department and addressing the tax challenges you face. We provide a broad and flexible set of offerings that enable you to retain core tax planning and management responsibilities in house, while Deloitte assists you with tax compliance, technology, processes, and potentially the transfer of some portion of your tax personnel. Tailoring your operating and resource model to the needs of your business may help you streamline operations, alleviate resource constraints, reduce costs, and amplify the value your tax department delivers.
See beyond your existing tax operating model with Deloitte
We use our deep tax knowledge, advisory and compliance capabilities, and global network to help you design and deliver a reimagined tax operating model that aligns your tax function with your business goals.
Why choose Deloitte to help with your tax operating model journey?
Leadership in tax operating model consulting:
- Our ambition is to be your “transformation partner” not just an “outsource provider”.
- Helping businesses shape their tax functions of the future is a priority for Deloitte – we are investing heavily in supporting our clients through this transformational journey.
- We have a track record of supporting clients in this area which means we are ready to go from day one, using on partnering with you to bring ideas, develop solutions and help you transform at a pace that’s right for your organisation.
- Our teams are well connected, making use of centralised delivery models where appropriate.
- Whatever your operating model, our breadth of experience means we have teams, methodologies and technologies ready to support your objectives.
- Through our Human Capital and Organisation Transformation & Talent consulting teams, we can help align your culture, structure and talent with your business strategy in the face of change.
- We complement our services with the right technology at the right time, leveraging our experience of a broad range of solutions and established vendor partnerships.
A global, multidisciplinary network:
- With a global network of practitioners built over 15 years, you can be confident that working with Deloitte means you can access deep tax technology and tax technical skills, and business acumen.
- Deloitte is the largest global professional services firm, with the widest geographic footprint and range of services, giving you confidence that whatever your requirements for operational transformation we will be able to work with you every step of the way.
- We operate a truly multi-disciplinary model so that there is effective alignment across our tax services and across all our service lines making your interactions with Deloitte straightforward.
Related insights and resources:
- Unlock new value with tax innovation
Deloitte's latest global tax management survey research bulletin explores the global tax risks and the essential priorities that tax and finance leaders are faced with today. In our four-part thought leadership series we highlight the key insights from our latest global survey results. Each of these four perspectives hone in on the dimensions of how tax leaders define value—and the critical roles that tax innovation, tax talent, and tax operations play in delivering it.
- COVID-19 Crisis: Respond. Recover. Thrive.
Learn how tax leaders can navigate volatility with clarity, confidence, and insight as the pandemic sends shockwaves through the global economy.
- Building the tax function of tomorrow—today
This Deloitte Insights report examines the tax function's shift from stewards of compliance—to leaders of value creation and transparency. The piece explores how cognitive technologies and new digital models have influenced tax leaders' vision for the future.