Host: Paul Kraft, partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
The valuation of investments is a focal point for fund managers, fund directors, and regulators. What procedures should be used for proper oversight of the valuation process? We’ll discuss:
- Governance practices versus SEC proposed fair valuation guidance: risk assessment trends, rationalization of board reporting, and dashboard reporting to mutual fund directors.
- The COVID-19 environment, market volatility, and how working virtually impacts valuation policies and procedures.
- Valuation of private equities and other illiquid investments.
- The growing impact of technology and innovative tools.
- Emerging trends, maturing processes, and leading practices.
Meet the speaker
Paul leads Deloitte’s US Mutual Fund practice. He oversees the national development and delivery of mutual fund strategies across Deloitte & Touche LLP's audit & assurance, tax, consulting, and advisory businesses to mutual fund complexes, boards of directors, and service providers. Paul has 25 years of experience in serving some of our largest investment managers with accounting, financial reporting, operational, international, and regulatory compliance matters.