Host: Burt Rea, managing director, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Presenters: Elizabeth Altman, Robin Jones, Diana Kearns-Manolatos
1 Overview CPE credit | Personnel/HR
The balance of internal vs. external workers is shifting in many organizations, yet management practices still focus largely on employee-only workforces. How can HR executives work across the C-suite to strategically and operationally manage distributed, diverse workforces that cross internal and external boundaries? We’ll discuss:
- Workforce ecosystems as a new approach to manage interdependencies across the internal and external workforce aligned with business goals and values
- Examples of workforce ecosystems and their implications on strategy, leadership, culture, and technology
- Practical considerations for designing and adopting workforce management practices around ecosystems
Dbriefs HR Executives webcasts have been approved through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) for 1 (general) recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification.
- Diana Kearns: Manolatos is a senior manager in the Deloitte Center for Integrated Research where she analyzes market shifts and emerging trends across industries. Her research focuses on the cloud and the future of the workforce. Additionally, Kearns-Manolatos draws on almost 15 years of award-winning marketing communications expertise to align insights with business strategy. She speaks on technology and women in leadership and holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Fordham University.
- Elizabeth J. Altman: is an assistant professor of management at the Manning School of Business at the University of Massachusetts Lowell and guest editor for the MIT Sloan Management Review Future of the Workforce Big Ideas research initiative. Altman has been a visiting scholar at Harvard Business School and visiting professor at the United States Military Academy at West Point. Her research focuses on business ecosystems, platform businesses, strategy, in-novation, and organizational change
Meet the speakers
Burt serves clients in the Life Sciences sector to help them overcome organizational challenges as they implement new strategies, processes, structures, and systems for their organizations. Burt has led engagements on organizational culture, learning and leadership development, organization structure and role design, change management, communications, hybrid and virtual work, workforce/employee experience, and talent strategy for numerous global companies. Burt leads Deloitte Consulting’s US Culture Transformation offering, which provides methods and tools for assessing and shaping organizational culture (behaviors, values, and beliefs). How organizations curate and evolve their cultures to enable business strategy and capture new opportunities materially differentiates their performance in the market. Burt also hosts Deloitte’s Human Capital HR Executives Dbriefs series, a monthly webcast on emerging Human Capital issues and trends, and he co-hosts Deloitte’s Capital H podcast which brings together leaders and luminaries to discuss key challenges and emerging solutions in Human Capital.
Robin is a Principal with 22 years of organization and workforce transformation consulting experience. She spent the majority of her career advising business leaders of Technology, Media, and Telecommunications companies through complex business transformations. With a focus on the Future of Work, Robin advises senior executives as they contemplate how data, technology and societal changes are impacting the work, workforce, and workplace. At Deloitte, Robin leads Workforce Transformation with end-to-end responsibility for the market, services, and talent, and serves on the CEO’s Marketplace Leadership Team in Deloitte Consulting. Robin holds a PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering from Georgia Tech and an MS in Architecture and BS in Interior Design from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.