HLTH Virtual Conference: Deloitte Expands ConvergeHEALTH MyPath suite to include Hospital in Home Offering, Enabling Inpatient Treatment at Home has been saved
HLTH Virtual Conference: Deloitte Expands ConvergeHEALTH MyPath suite to include Hospital in Home Offering, Enabling Inpatient Treatment at Home
Deloitte expands its ConvergeHEALTH MyPath suite to include “hospital in home,” which leverages ConvergeHEALTH’s Connected Patient Hub and an ecosystem of third-party technologies and devices to provide remote monitoring, virtual appointments and in-person nursing visits to create a safe, patient-centric care experience; which seamlessly integrates into a health care provider’s existing workflows.
NEW YORK, Oct. 15, 2020
Building on the continuum of MyPath offerings, Deloitte is expanding into hospital care in the home by utilizing ConvergeHEALTH’s MyPath platform, an ecosystem of third-party technologies and its professional services capabilities to enable health systems to integrate physical and digital delivery modalities to create a differentiated, patient-centric experience.
Redefining how patients can receive hospital-level care at home, the MyPath for Hospital in Home solution:
- Enables 24/7 patient monitoring + care through synchronous and asynchronous in-home virtual interactions with care team members using secure and HIPAA compliant digital technologies
- Leverages purpose built, real-time, HIPAA-/GDPR capable technologies which are capable of documenting inpatient level care, is portable, and integrates data from virtual touchpoints and RPM devices
- Enables comprehensive specialist coverage of complex patients via virtual health under a range of care models
- Leverages higher skilled clinicians trained in providing acute care to complex patients, including operating sophisticated hospital equipment and administering acute care services
- Leverages modular, cloud-based architecture allowing integration with existing EHRs, MHRs, and ERP systems
Why this matters
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, health providers, health plans, governments, and patients have been forced to abandon long-held beliefs that obstructed the widespread adoption of virtual and digital health technologies. For example, that the patient/physician interaction must occur in person to be effective or that older patients will struggle with virtual/digital technologies and the experience will be diluted. Now in the new normal that the pandemic has created, organizations can embrace virtual and digital health technologies and move confidently toward the future of health.
With MyPath for Hospital in Home, virtual and digital technologies can be used to offer hospital care in the comfort of patients’ homes providing value for every constituency:
- For the patient: It enhances the experience of receiving care from the comfort of home and enables better outcomes with care delivered by the patient’s own care community (versus transfer to a skilled nursing facility for example).
- For the clinician: It helps maintain a personal touch through streamlined virtual technology and helps increase job satisfaction by working to the top of license.
- For health systems: It can decrease costs by reducing length of stay (LOS) and diversify revenue by providing care in a new setting, enabling more acutely ill patients to be served inpatient.
How it works
Built on HIPAA- and GDPR capable technologies, MyPath for Connected Care serves as the technical backbone of the MyPath for Hospital in Home solution, pulling data from remote monitoring devices in the patients’ homes, powering virtual visits, providing command center dashboards within the hospital, and enabling the data integration and analytics which bring it all together.
A “digital Rx” kit and care management application will be provided to the patients admitted to the program, helping ensure the installation and availability of the necessary equipment for in-home monitoring with alerts creating a seamless, virtual connection to the care team.
This enables providers and the clinical workforce to have the opportunity to work at the top of their license, interacting with their patients through real-time, virtual visits and communication, utilizing flexible care pathways, improving provider satisfaction and decreasing clinician burnout.
Supported by a cognitive analytics engine, the MyPath for Hospital in Home solution provides the ability to drive insight into strategy and governance, workforce engagement, and a dynamic supply chain solution to best position health care providers in their market.
MyPath for Hospital in Home delivers value for all facets of the health care ecosystem. It enables an improved patient experience with better outcomes which enhances reputation and can make patients happier. It can help improve cost structure by reducing length of stay, decreasing utilization of capital infrastructure, and delivering better workforce utilization. Additionally, as care is increasingly moved out of the acute setting, MyPath for Hospital in Home provides another option for diversifying revenue. With MyPath for Hospital in Home health systems and providers have the opportunity to integrate physical and digital delivery modalities to create a differentiated, patient-centric experience.
-Ken Abrams, MD, managing director, Deloitte Consulting LLP, and Deloitte chief medical officer
For more information about MyPath for Hospital in Home, interviews can be arranged with:
- Ken Abrams MD, managing director, Deloitte Consulting, LLP, and Deloitte chief medical officer
- Bill Fera, MD, principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP, and virtual health offering leader
- Jay Compton, managing director, Deloitte Consulting LLP and health care chief technology officer for ConvergeHEALTH
For more information about Deloitte’s MyPath™ for Hospital in Home please visit: www.deloitte.com/us/mypath-hospitalinhome.
Deloitte provides industry-leading audit, consulting, tax and advisory services to many of the world’s most admired brands, including nearly 90% of the Fortune 500® and more than 7,000 private companies. Our people work across the industry sectors that drive and shape today’s marketplace — delivering measurable and lasting results that help reinforce public trust in our capital markets, inspire clients to see challenges as opportunities to transform and thrive, and help lead the way toward a stronger economy and a healthy society. Deloitte is proud to be part of the largest global professional services network serving our clients in the markets that are most important to them. Now celebrating 175 years of service, our network of member firms spans more than 150 countries and territories. Learn how Deloitte’s more than 312,000 people worldwide make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Patient-provider connectivity anytime and anywhere
Acute home care, virtual appointments, and in-home nurse visits